HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Media » Good News (Group) » The kindness of strangers...

Wed Sep 13, 2017, 02:11 PM

The kindness of strangers.

This was posted on Facebook by a friend of mine. She lives on Sanibel Island and was forced to evacuate (with her husband, dogs, and parakeet) to Pensacola:

Talk about the kindness of strangers. David and I were having dinner tonight at Pot Roast and Pinot in Pensacola tonight and mentioned to the server we were evacuated from the hurricane. Apparently, the young couple the next table overheard our tale of the difficult drive up, worry of our home and Sanibel, prep to brace the traffic back. When we went to pay the tab, which was not light, to our surprise, (you know what's coming), the couple who had already left had paid the bill! We are amazed and heartened to have such kindness.

1 replies, 1311 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply The kindness of strangers. (Original post)
Stonepounder Sep 2017 OP
apkhgp Mar 2018 #1

Response to Stonepounder (Original post)

Wed Mar 7, 2018, 11:26 PM

1. Kindness knows no bounmds

I have been the recipient of a number of acts of kindness. The family I was born into. The friends I have. The community I live in. I consider myself to be very lucky. All of that includes being a member of this website. Everyday I see people with big hearts reaching out to those that need help.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread