HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Groups » Bernie Sanders (Group) » Michigan State Senator Be...

Mon Mar 7, 2016, 02:32 PM

Michigan State Senator Bert Johnson Endorses Bernie Sanders

DETROIT – In another show of growing support, state Sen. Bert Johnson of Detroit on Monday endorsed U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders for president. Johnson cited Sanders’ lifelong commitment to civil rights and his work to support the working class and end economic inequality.

“Bernie’s concerns are the same concerns that I have for my constituents. His commitment to create jobs, reduce inequity and end the disparities between whites and blacks.” said Johnson.

“Sen. Sanders understands what is happening here on the ground in Michigan and his policies will directly support the residents of my district.”

Johnson’s Senate district includes northeast Detroit, Highland Park, Hamtramck, Harper Woods and all five Grosse Pointe communities.

https://berniesanders.com/press-release/michigan-state-senator-bert-johnson-endorses-bernie-sanders/

2 replies, 704 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Michigan State Senator Bert Johnson Endorses Bernie Sanders (Original post)
leftcoastmountains Mar 2016 OP
highprincipleswork Mar 2016 #1
StandingInLeftField Mar 2016 #2

Response to leftcoastmountains (Original post)

Mon Mar 7, 2016, 02:45 PM

1. Go, Michigan, Go, for Bernie! He's the one who talks the talk AND walks the walk.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to leftcoastmountains (Original post)

Mon Mar 7, 2016, 02:45 PM

2. Great!

Hope that makes the local news in MI tonight.

Bert & Bernie!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread