HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Groups » Bernie Sanders (Group) » Over 7,500 'feel the Bern...

Sun May 29, 2016, 01:32 PM

Over 7,500 'feel the Bern' as presidential candidate Sanders stops in Santa Maria

Over 7,500 people packed into the Ralph Baldiviez Stadium at Santa Maria High School Saturday afternoon to vocalize their support for Vermont senator and presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders.

Supporters began lining up at the Thornburg Street gate at the break of dawn, hoping to reserve a good seat, although the senator wasn't supposed to make it to the rally until early afternoon.

Michelle Shapiro, of Orcutt, said that she'd been patiently waiting in line at the gate since 8 a.m.

"I'm just so excited to show my support at the rally today," she said. "I can't believe Bernie Sanders is going to be speaking to the little town here in Santa Maria, and here's hoping for him to get ahead of Hillary."

http://santamariatimes.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/over-feel-the-bern-as-presidential-candidate-sanders-stops-in/article_7364a7a0-18ee-556d-8fec-8c56dfeab685.html

1 replies, 371 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Over 7,500 'feel the Bern' as presidential candidate Sanders stops in Santa Maria (Original post)
leftcoastmountains May 2016 OP
Ichingcarpenter May 2016 #1

Response to leftcoastmountains (Original post)

Sun May 29, 2016, 01:42 PM

1. That turnout surprised me

After living there and knowing its demographics
Great News.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread