HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Groups » Bernie Sanders (Group) » In San Francisco, Bernie ...

Sun May 29, 2016, 08:11 PM

In San Francisco, Bernie Sanders’ message makes believers out of the skeptics

Bernie Sanders showed up at exactly 4:40 p.m. His appearance was between stops in San Jose in the morning and Vallejo in the evening. He made time for the hotel workers, and in one fell swoop proved he’s the candidate he claims to be: one for the proletariat, not the well-heeled minority.

But Sanders didn’t accomplish that just by showing up. He also knew where he was and who he was speaking to. He supported the workers’ quest, saying unions are important vehicles for dignified workplace treatment. He told the crowd he was shocked by the sight of so many people living on the streets of San Francisco. His wife, Jane, stood off stage, snapping pictures of her husband during his brief remarks before greeting the audience after the senator did the same.

It was as if they were just like the rest of us, because, well, they are.

It’s easy to write off Sanders and his continued candidacy as a waste of time. With Donald Trump being the presumptive Republican nominee, some argue Sanders is damaging the Democratic Party’s chances of retaining the White House. But that ignores the fact that the people who came to the union rally in The City — the legions of folks who’ve packed venues nationwide to see the man in person, the millions more who’ve donated their money and time to get him elected — are, for the most part, doing something they’ve never done before. And particularly here in California, many Sanders supporters are engaged in a primary process that has not been this important in their lifetimes. There’s life after Bernie, many say.

http://www.sfexaminer.com/san-francisco-bernie-sanders-message-makes-believers-skeptics/

6 replies, 573 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply In San Francisco, Bernie Sanders’ message makes believers out of the skeptics (Original post)
leftcoastmountains May 2016 OP
LiberalArkie May 2016 #1
babylonsister May 2016 #2
grasswire May 2016 #3
deepestblue May 2016 #4
SmittynMo May 2016 #5
silvershadow May 2016 #6

Response to leftcoastmountains (Original post)

Sun May 29, 2016, 08:19 PM

1. K&R Very Good

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun May 29, 2016, 08:29 PM

2. Recommend!! nt

Reply to this post

Sun May 29, 2016, 08:30 PM

3. very nice nt

Reply to this post

Sun May 29, 2016, 08:32 PM

4. Bernie

It’s easy to write off Sanders and his continued candidacy as a waste of time.

He continually says, and I am inclined to believe him, that he will emerge from the convention as the nominee.

Reply to this post

Sun May 29, 2016, 09:39 PM

5. Unbelievable

I don't know how this man does it. I know of very few that could keep up with this guy. And they're in their 40's. I have never seen a man with such conviction. He truly wants change for everyone.

Reply to this post

Sun May 29, 2016, 09:58 PM

6. K&R

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread