HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Groups » Bernie Sanders (Group) » How insane is it that a c...

Sat May 23, 2015, 03:22 PM

How insane is it that a country trying to protect its kids from getting cancer...

13 replies, 1799 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Playinghardball (Original post)

Sat May 23, 2015, 03:32 PM

1. I expect this to happen with TPP.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to L0oniX (Reply #1)

Sat May 23, 2015, 04:01 PM

2. It's already happening without TPP.

Reply to this post

Response to Buzz Clik (Reply #2)

Sat May 23, 2015, 11:25 PM

8. And it should have been fixed in any new Trade Bills. Instead it's going to get even worse

with over 6,000 Corps having access to our 'market'.

Everything is for sale, even our politicians.

Reply to this post

Response to sabrina 1 (Reply #8)

Sun May 24, 2015, 08:34 AM

13. What sort of language would be needed to provide the sort of protection you're seeking?

I'm genuinely curious.

Reply to this post

Response to Buzz Clik (Reply #2)

Sat May 23, 2015, 11:27 PM

10. ...

Wrong answer.

Reply to this post

Response to Enthusiast (Reply #10)

Sun May 24, 2015, 08:33 AM

12. Wrong answer? It's correct. We may not like it, but it is true.

Puke all you like, it doesn't change facts.

Reply to this post

Sat May 23, 2015, 04:55 PM

3. At this point our whole society is confused and is in the grip of a type of psychosis.

Paradoxes like this are abundant everywhere, even the "non-republican" population. Sometimes I wonder if this is not what happens when empires die. Not just the leadership loose their grasp on wisdom and empathy, but the people themselves become so confused when they lose the dominance and their "exceptional" ideology starts to show it's lack of foundation that they can't find their way to steer clearly towards solutions: Nor can they completely let go of the old delusions (of Grandeur) that came with the hubris.

Reply to this post

Sat May 23, 2015, 05:31 PM

4. this country does NOT

protect its kids from getting cancer. Cancer rates for children's cancer are rising. This country tolerates known carcinogens to be added to their food, environment including water and air. People think it is more important to have a perfect yard that is maintained with chemicals, than protect neighboring children, or even those in their own households.

Reply to this post

Response to KT2000 (Reply #4)

Sat May 23, 2015, 05:40 PM

5. Frackers and Monsanto are part of the government, write the laws. Anyone who says we're trying

to prevent cancer in the children is lying (or in the thrall of some other liar)

Reply to this post

Response to KT2000 (Reply #4)

Sat May 23, 2015, 11:29 PM

11. I think Bernie was probably referring to smoking. But you are right, this government is completely

owned, or almost, by Corporations. They care nothing for people, only profits, see Monsanto fighting as if they were at war, to continue to sell their poison. And to deprive the people of even knowing what they are feeding them.

Unless we do something about the power they now have, things are only going to get worse.

Which is why, to begin that process, I am supporting the only candidate who is not beholden to them.

Reply to this post

Sat May 23, 2015, 05:40 PM

6. there are so many examples of cognitive dissonance everywhere, on a daily basis,

that it makes my head spin. I can't even begin to go into the hypocrisy and illogical situations that are easily in view to us all.

Reply to this post

Sat May 23, 2015, 06:12 PM

7. I'd add in the word "supposedly" trying to protect...Go Bernie. Love the hashtag.

I don't know where all these go, but hopefully they are taking over Facebook et al. I have an idea he could come up with at least one of these a day. Now that would be some marketing...Bernie's Daily Wisdom Tip...or something... Drip, drip, drip.

Reply to this post

Sat May 23, 2015, 11:26 PM

9. K&R! This post should have hundreds of recommendations!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread