HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Groups » Bernie Sanders (Group) » This is amusing

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 11:12 AM

This is amusing

http://www.democraticunderground.com/110733126

The latest from the psych ward is that we who support Bernie aren't even Democrats to begin with!

I don't know who writes this stuff, but if they are getting paid for it, they are better con men than Reagan, Bush, and Cheney.

So, the juries are blocking the posts, for the moment...they can't block the thoughts! If that's what Hillary's Swarm really think, then why do they post in a community that is, by Skinner's own report, running 6-1 for Bernie Sanders?

I think a reality check is overdue.

18 replies, 934 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to Proserpina (Original post)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 11:16 AM

1. I am getting the feeling that the PP endorsement was supposed to change minds, and the

way it was presented backfired. Just like the woman card did, just like the kitchen box did, just like using Bill in the campaign will bring up just as many thoughts about his indiscretions as it will his tenure.

Avoid actual issues like the plague!!!!! seems to be the campaign strategy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to djean111 (Reply #1)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 11:18 AM

3. The posting strategy, too. Make a thread about Bernie and/or his supporters, not the issues

raised in the OP. Speaks volumes.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 11:17 AM

2. Do you think even they believe that? I don't.

Reply to this post

Response to merrily (Reply #2)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 11:22 AM

5. Does it matter what they believe as fact?

It's what they believe "constitutes civil discourse" that is alarming. Or "good politics".

And based on the consistency of their message, I do think they believe that we in the Sanders camp are NOT "Democrats" of sufficient pedigree, standing and longevity to express any opinion about how to run our Party or our Country.

After all, we are "only" the 99%.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 11:22 AM

4. I suspect most of them aren't True DUers, actually.

Reply to this post

Response to Wilms (Reply #4)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 11:24 AM

6. Then somebody is wasting a lot of money

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 11:28 AM

7. minds/lost

chicken/head

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 11:44 AM

8. About that reality check

First point: No, not everyone supporting Senator Sanders is a Democrat. Many, I suspect, are Independents; I'm married to one. Further, I think that's why the polls are showing Sanders for the win here in Graniteland. 60% of NH voters are Independents.

Second point: Contrary to what Camp Weathervane may think we don't have to take a loyalty oath to Hillary or to any candidate for that matter. Our votes are our business.

Reply to this post

Response to sarge43 (Reply #8)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 12:06 PM

9. I agree, and it doesn't matter, either. You are a Democrat if you say you are

and that's good enough for me.

Reply to this post

Response to sarge43 (Reply #8)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 02:14 PM

16. That gets to me, too.

WHY would anyone kvetch about non-Democrats voting in the Democratic primary? Nineteen states, including my own, don't require party registration to vote in primaries: you just ask for the one ballot or the other when you show up to vote. I vote Democratic, but I'm not a party member. Even so, I WELCOME independents! There are more of them than there are in either party! We need them in the general election and we need more people to vote.

I guess I don't get this protectionism. Or maybe many of them so like the status quo because it benefits them and they don't want to grow the party.

Check out this post that was hidden:

murielm99 This message was hidden by Jury decision. Hide
2. Some of them were never members of the party.

They are repukes, trolls, paid posters. Some just like to stir shit. Of course there are some sane Bernie supporters here, but the other kind dominate.

At this point, I don't wonder about "deserting" the party. I just can't wait for them to get the hell off DU. But will they?

They honestly think that because we don't bow before the Queen that we're not progressives or liberals or Democrats. Ugh.

Ironically, it's the Clinton campaign that hires trolls. Bernie doesn't waste money on that crap.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 12:19 PM

10. Desperation

Extremes are coming out, she is going to once again lose and they are really unhappy that the queen is going down..Irrespective of claims to the contrary there a many many backing her just because they want a women president regardless of anything else...

Reply to this post

Response to Old Codger (Reply #10)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 12:25 PM

11. The 1% are backing her; the "personal friends", meaning conspiring cronies

and the "movers and shakers" meaning they move the media and shake down the suckers and use intimidation....threats about retaliation if Hillary by some miracle of machination acquires the WH in her own name...

Only the lowest-information, shallowest thinkers are buying into that "woman president" idea.

"W" cured people of such "magical thinking". WHO is elected, and who his/her friends are, matters.

Reply to this post

Response to Proserpina (Reply #11)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 01:05 PM

13. Maybe

"Only the lowest-information, shallowest thinkers are buying into that "woman president" idea."

This may be true, but the ones that are the driving force behind her are using that to whatever advantage the think it may give them...

Reply to this post

Response to Old Codger (Reply #13)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 01:08 PM

14. We are in total agreement

and it's not much of an advantage, when reality bites. And it's gonna bite, big time.

This economy, the GLOBAL economy, is going to collapse, probably before the election. I don't think it's going to go before the convention, but it would be the ultimate impetus to ditch Clinton and go for a man with a plan.

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 12:34 PM

12. It remains amazing to me how they just thought it was "in the bag".

And even when it was that, in the very beginning, our house felt like it was going to have to hold our noses and vote for her...but not now we don't!

We can very proudly support and vote for Bernie with enthusiasm! (...insert Happy Dance here)

The Tired and Entrenched Establish Crowd are making me sick...they don't talk issues but they sure are obvious about supporting the BIG money, BIG power and War Hawking (disgraceful).

I'm way over all that Third Way crap as well.

Go, Go, Go Bernie and Berners!

Reply to this post

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 01:32 PM

15. Even if you like me have voted dem every time

and you support bernie and not clinton you are not a real dem or are a liberal radical

since i turned 18 In 1992 i have voted in

1992-for Bill Clinton
1994-for dems in midterm election
1996-for clinton again
1998-for dems in mid-terms in missouri
2000-for Gore in both primary and GE
2002-for dems in mid-term
2004-Howard dean in primary and John Kerry In GE
2006-dems in mid-term
2008-Obama in Primary and GE
2010-dems in mid-terms
2012-for obama
2014-dems In mid terms

i am not a real dem according to clinton supporters even though i vote in mid-terms but don't support her.

all over country there are reports of people changing registration to dem to vote for bernie in primary.

Clinton supporters will alert for anything but have called bernie and we who support him racist,sexist,and anti-women.

Reply to this post

Response to Robbins (Reply #15)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 02:36 PM

17. Same here with a couple of slight differences.

My first election was Bush v. Dukakis.

I voted for The Duke in 1988. Voted the same as you except I was a Clarkie in 2004, but voted for Kerry in the general.

And I was on DU back then as "Clarkie," too.

If Hillary wins the nomination, I'll bow out of here during the election cycle since I won't be supporting her, but I'll retain my user name to come on after she loses (not to mock, mind you, but to participate. Maybe after that, more people will understand why we shouldn't have chosen Bernie and will work toward getting candidates like him).

Reply to this post

Response to Fawke Em (Reply #17)

Sat Jan 9, 2016, 02:43 PM

18. cool

If they are able to steal or fix it for clinton i will leave till after she loses.After then it will be time for dems to rebuild.of course if bernie wins nomination we win in 2016.I was afaird going into 2004 if we ran candiate who voted for iraq war bush would win in
2004.turned out i was right.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread