HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Cory Booker to deliver ad...
Undecided 37%
Elizabeth Warren17%
Joe Biden14%
Kamala Harris10%
Bernie Sanders8%

Sun Feb 24, 2019, 02:51 AM

Cory Booker to deliver address at Selma Bridge Crossing Jubilee

Cory Booker to deliver address at Selma Bridge Crossing Jubilee

U.S. Sen. Cory Booker, D-N.J., a candidate for the Democratic presidential nomination will deliver a keynote address at Historic Brown Chapel AME Church in Selma on March 3 as part of the annual Bridge Crossing Jubilee, commemorating 1965's Bloody Sunday.

Booker will be one of several Democrats attending the annual event, which frequently draws national political figures, particularly Democrats.

The Rev. Leodis Strong, pastor of Historic Brown Chapel AME Church, said in a statement released by the Booker campaign that the candidate had "dedicated his life to paying forward the deeds and sacrifices of the Selma generation."

"When so many of our leaders traffic in the currencies of fear and division, Sen. Booker’s message of love and courageous empathy is precisely what we need to hear as we tackle the challenges that our generation must now confront,” the statement said.

https://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/news/2019/02/22/cory-booker-deliver-address-selma-bridge-crossing-jubilee/2946117002/

If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Elizabeth Warren

1 replies, 218 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cory Booker to deliver address at Selma Bridge Crossing Jubilee (Original post)
crazytown Feb 2019 OP
Cha Feb 2019 #1

Response to crazytown (Original post)

Sun Feb 24, 2019, 04:54 AM

1. KR!

If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread