HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Retired » Retired Forums » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Everytown For Gun Safety ...
Joe BidenCongratulations to our presumptive Democratic nominee, Joe Biden!

Mon Mar 9, 2020, 06:28 AM

Everytown For Gun Safety Endorses Joe Biden

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- Joe Biden has received the endorsement of one of the nationís largest gun control advocacy groups, Everytown for Gun Safety, in the latest sign that Bernie Sandersí spotty record on guns may be weighing him down in the presidential primary.

Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund plans to spend $60 million on electoral activities this cycle, some of which will go toward trying to elect Biden. An Everytown spokesman said the group typically airs advertisements and engages in grassroots organizing for the candidates it endorses, though itís unclear when the group will begin to spend on Bidenís behalf. The group also boasts 6 million supporters and more than 375,000 grassroots donors, numbers that could help boost attention and support for Bidenís presidential bid nationwide.

In an interview with The Associated Press, John Feinblatt, head of Everytown for Gun Safety, said the group chose Biden because working for gun control is ďhis past, itís his present, itís his future.Ē Asked if Sandersí record on gun control factored into the groupís decision, Feinblatt said that the group looks at a candidateís ďtotal record.Ē

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/major-gun-safety-group-endorses-joe-bidens-presidential-69479272
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

2 replies, 806 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Everytown For Gun Safety Endorses Joe Biden (Original post)
Todd79 Mar 2020 OP
Cha Mar 2020 #1
Squinch Mar 2020 #2

Response to Todd79 (Original post)

Mon Mar 9, 2020, 06:51 AM

1. Thank you!

If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Todd79 (Original post)