HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Elizabeth Warren Could Be...
Undecided 44%
Elizabeth Warren22%
Joe Biden14%
Bernie Sanders8%
Pete Buttigieg6%

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 08:21 PM

Elizabeth Warren Could Be the Public Lands President

Elizabeth Warren just released an ambitious policy proposal detailing what she would do to protect public lands and improve public access to them if she’s elected president.

“America’s public lands are one of our greatest treasures,” the Senator from Massachusetts begins. “They provide us with clean air and water, sustain our fish and wildlife, and offer a place where millions of Americans go every year to experience the beauty of our natural environment.”

Warren goes on to promise that, on her first day as president, she'll sign an executive order immediately halting all new fossil fuel leases on both public lands and offshore. She says she’d also reinstate a rule that limited the methane emissions created by oil and gas production, as well as the Obama-era clean water rules that the Trump administration is in the midst of tearing apart.

The candidate says she’ll increase the amount of renewable energy produced offshore and on public lands to 10 times its current amount—bringing it up to 10 percent of our nation’s total electricity needs. She also promises to use the Antiquities Act to restore the Bears Ears and Grand Straircase-Escalante national monuments to their former sizes.

?s=20

https://www.outsideonline.com/2393965/elizabeth-warren-public-lands-president?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=WYM-04152019&utm_content=WYM-04152019+CID_9b4155c9b97be48402e45cc3f87e9d3f&utm_source=campaignmonitor%20outsidemagazine&utm_term=Its%20impressive%20even%20if%20it%20never%20comes%20to%20fruition
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Undecided

3 replies, 265 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Elizabeth Warren Could Be the Public Lands President (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Apr 2019 OP
brer cat Apr 2019 #1
Andy823 Apr 2019 #2
Skidmore Apr 2019 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 09:09 PM

1. Excellent! I agree.

K&R
Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 10:06 PM

2. I really like Warren

She is doing a great job!
Undecided

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 17, 2019, 07:36 AM

3. k&r nt

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread