HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Inslee says he wouldn't b...
Undecided 44%
Elizabeth Warren22%
Joe Biden14%
Bernie Sanders8%
Pete Buttigieg6%

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 02:46 PM

Inslee says he wouldn't be shocked if Trump runs for reelection on environmental record

Washington Gov. Jay Inslee (D) said in an interview published Tuesday that he wouldn't be shocked if President Trump runs for reelection on his environmental record.

Inslee, who is seeking the Democratic nomination for president, told New York Magazine that "there is no whopper too obvious and large" for Trump, but predicted that the president would not be successful if he were to run on environmental issues.

"Nothing would shock us, but would that be successful? No. It won’t be successful," Inslee said. "… The things he is doing are so palpably violative of any sense of health. He’s trying to strip our state’s ability to protect our clean water, he’s trying to take away a state’s ability to protect its own citizens."

Inslee made the remarks after being asked about a recent Bloomberg News report that Trump will tout his environmental record on the campaign trail.

Bloomberg, citing a person familiar with the plans, reported that Trump administration officials are workin on climate change talking points and making list of "success stories" related to the environment that Trump can highlight in his re-election bid.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/439141-inslee-says-he-wouldnt-be-shocked-if-trump-runs-for-reelection-on
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Undecided

2 replies, 544 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Inslee says he wouldn't be shocked if Trump runs for reelection on environmental record (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Apr 2019 OP
Hortensis Apr 2019 #1
Stuart G Apr 2019 #2

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 03:05 PM

1. Of course. Trump already wowed American with raking our forests tidy.

Name even one policy Gov. Inslee has come up with that matches Trump's rakes for big thinking? Trump presumably also properly opposes plastic leaf bags and burning the debris since he didn't mention either. Admirable on a scale no one else can match.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 03:19 PM

2. k and r...my opinion is that nothing Mr. Trump does is more shocking than his current job.

...He is the exact opposite of what the President of the United States should be.
Donald Trump is totally self serving and self indulged. He cares almost nothing about others. It is all about him and responses to what he says. He could say something incredibly mean and vicious, but it is all about how people deal with it, not the nature of who he hurt or what he did or said.

...Did Mr. Trump apologize for that video on the Democratic lady with her talking and 9/11 shown at the same time?..Did he say, "I am sorry for that?" Or did his spokesperson interpret it to say that it ..."was not meant to hurt anyone?" Is that in the nature of an apology? Sara Sanders says something like that representing Donald Trump. Does anyone believe her? That Donald Trump did not mean to hurt her as much as possible with that video.

...What else is there to say?..Trump will not win re-election. Why say that. The average person, (not in his cult or base) sees him for what he truly is. How has that happened. Trump has been on the world stage for over 2 years. Just by being there, he has shown himself to be who he really is. He will not win. Most of the Republicans will not vote for him. Not be cause he isn't a .."Republican." That Mr Donald Trump is. But he is also a sick, mean, stupid, and vicious person. Most people here in this country are embarrassed by him. Deep down most Republicans are hoping to vote for a "Class Democrat" whoever that is. That could be a one time vote for those Republicans. But it is going to happen.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread