HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » What's Tulsi Gabbard's ga...
Undecided 48%
Joe Biden38%
Bernie Sanders14%

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 02:44 AM

What's Tulsi Gabbard's game? Is she a ringer for Trump?

I think so.

Her attacks are interesting. Just look at how quick she was to dismiss the Mueller Report back in March and then how quick she is to frame the Mueller Report not on Russian Collusion or obstruction charges but ... vote machine tampering by Russian (hackers - not the government). There's definitely something off about this woman.

This is her only statement on the bombshell Mueller Report that indicated the President not only attempted to obstruct the investigation, but also had many in his campaign meet with Russian agents throughout the 2016 campaign:

The #BarrCoverUp is a nice hashtag for sure - but the whole cover up, again, is in reference to voting machines.

Her take away from the Mueller Report is that ... our voting machines are vulnerable to hackers. Cool. I mean, it's a valid point but is that the most pressing factor in the Mueller Report? This is a lightweight take that exonerates Trump from any wrongdoing and turns the focus to something that could never implicate the President in any wrongdoing whatsoever.

So, I thought, well it's Twitter. You only get a few characters to push an idea. I'm sure she released a press release on the devastating Mueller Report and called for further investigation by the House into the attempted obstruction charges - especially since she's a member of congress.

I looked at it further. The last press release her campaign sent out was on her donors from 4/10. Maybe, then, I thought she'd have a more in-depth post on Facebook about the Mueller Report. Nope. Just a rehash of her tweet, with most her supporters saying there was no Barr Coverup and Hillary killed Seth Rich.

Ooookay.

That drove me further into her twitter feed. Going back to the first of April, over two weeks ago, she's tweeted directly about Trump roughly ten times. Most of her tweets referenced the House vote to end US involvement in the Yemen War. There's a few token 'Trump's administration is opened to lobbyists' and a fairly strong attack on his attack of Rep. Omar. However, she also does Russia's bidding multiple times, defending Assange and saying that the US press is trying to goad Pres. Trump into War with Russia.

Overall, though, her criticism is pretty paltry when it comes to Trump.

My take? Tulsi is in this to attack the Democrats from a position that is beneficial to Trump. Now of course, she's running against Trump, so, she'll be critical of him but it's interesting she attempts to defuse the most startling thing about Trump - the fact he's bought and paid for by the Russian oligarchs. That's a scary thought.

Whose bidding is Tulsi doing - progressives? Russia's? Trump's and Russia?
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

79 replies, 4093 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 79 replies Author Time Post
Reply What's Tulsi Gabbard's game? Is she a ringer for Trump? (Original post)
Drunken Irishman Apr 2019 OP
Eric J in MN Apr 2019 #1
Drunken Irishman Apr 2019 #3
pnwmom Apr 2019 #4
Drunken Irishman Apr 2019 #5
MasonDreams Apr 2019 #21
Drunken Irishman Apr 2019 #55
Cha Apr 2019 #61
EndGOPPropaganda Apr 2019 #17
MasonDreams Apr 2019 #24
happybird Apr 2019 #51
MasonDreams Apr 2019 #59
EndGOPPropaganda Apr 2019 #65
Cha Apr 2019 #60
MH1 Apr 2019 #64
JI7 Apr 2019 #2
woodsprite Apr 2019 #14
Demsrule86 Apr 2019 #31
artislife Apr 2019 #37
gordianot Apr 2019 #6
MasonDreams Apr 2019 #15
EndGOPPropaganda Apr 2019 #18
MasonDreams Apr 2019 #23
artislife Apr 2019 #39
BannonsLiver Apr 2019 #34
Kentonio Apr 2019 #7
spooky3 Apr 2019 #11
Kentonio Apr 2019 #12
spooky3 Apr 2019 #13
artislife Apr 2019 #41
Demsrule86 Apr 2019 #32
BannonsLiver Apr 2019 #36
LongtimeAZDem Apr 2019 #30
artislife Apr 2019 #40
hlthe2b Apr 2019 #20
David__77 Apr 2019 #33
Politicub Oct 2019 #69
Haggis for Breakfast Oct 2019 #73
BlueMTexpat Apr 2019 #8
Hortensis Apr 2019 #9
BlueMTexpat Apr 2019 #10
artislife Apr 2019 #43
colsohlibgal Apr 2019 #16
hlthe2b Apr 2019 #19
WeekiWater Apr 2019 #22
brooklynite Apr 2019 #25
LongtimeAZDem Apr 2019 #47
Drunken Irishman Apr 2019 #56
Renew Deal Apr 2019 #26
MontanaMama Apr 2019 #27
duforsure Dec 2019 #79
BlueFlorida Apr 2019 #28
comradebillyboy Apr 2019 #29
BannonsLiver Apr 2019 #38
brooklynite Apr 2019 #42
artislife Apr 2019 #44
BannonsLiver Apr 2019 #45
artislife Apr 2019 #48
BannonsLiver Apr 2019 #49
artislife Apr 2019 #52
BannonsLiver Apr 2019 #53
Politicub Apr 2019 #35
BannonsLiver Apr 2019 #46
Politicub Apr 2019 #50
shanny Apr 2019 #54
Blue_Tires Apr 2019 #57
trueblue2007 Apr 2019 #58
Name removed Apr 2019 #62
Name removed Apr 2019 #63
Gothmog Apr 2019 #66
artislife Apr 2019 #67
Mr.Bill Oct 2019 #71
Drunken Irishman Oct 2019 #68
Beakybird Oct 2019 #70
Cha Oct 2019 #72
BootinUp Oct 2019 #74
Drunken Irishman Dec 2019 #75
southerncrone Dec 2019 #76
Blue Owl Dec 2019 #77
John Fante Dec 2019 #78

Response to Drunken Irishman (Original post)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 02:53 AM

1. If she's focused on different issues than you are

...that doesn’t mean there is a conspiracy.

Protecting our election system and ending the War in Yemen are valid issues. Trump is indifferent to protecting our election system and against ending the war.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Eric J in MN (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 03:12 AM

3. Yeah no.

When your takeaway from the Mueller Report is that the number one issue is voting machines and not the fact the President potentially coordinated with the Russians to undermine the integrity of the election, and then attempt to obstruct the investigation, something is off. Her ignoring those points, and her defense of Russia, raises a lot of the same flags that were raised during Trump's initial run.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 03:24 AM

4. She's just picked an issue that she thinks almost all Democrats will agree with, and she's right

about election security.

But otherwise, she's very bad news.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to pnwmom (Reply #4)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 04:07 AM

5. Good point. It's a safe attack.

Absolutely the integrity of our voting machines should be discussed but to focus entirely on that as the real issue with the Mueller Report exonerates Trump of any wrong doing. I truly believe Tulsi believes Trump didn't have any connection to Russia and didn't attempt to obstruct and those two points don't gel with reality. So...why is that her focus? Because it takes pressure off Trump and Russia.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to Drunken Irishman (Reply #5)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 08:24 AM

21. I truly believe Tusi believes?

Then your guess is basically an accusation?
Please, listen and think. I am honestly not trying to be rude or disrespectful in any way.
(1) There's only two ways out. Impeach & Remove
Or VOTE
(2) repukes, drumpf, R Stone, K Rove, appointees of drumpf they ALL cheat
(3) Speaker Pelosi is right; w/o the Senate votes Impeachment could backfire & We don't have the votes to Remove
(4) Given (1) (2) &(3) ELECTION INTEGRITY IS PARAMOUNT
Remember when John Kerry won Ohio?
Remember when Al Gore won Florida?
In 2016 Hillary had enough voters out and trying to vote to take Michigan & Wisconsin maybe Pennsylvania.
Georgia had 350,000 Voters PURGED in 3-4yrs
I think Beto won in Texas, the machines were rigged. yours truly, Focused on 2020
P.S. of course I am voting for the nominee, like I have since Jimmy Carter. Right now I want some focus on defense of the Constitution. I went overseas with a steel hat & rifle in her defense, but now my hair is grey. I'd rather just VOTE.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to MasonDreams (Reply #21)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:40 AM

55. I find her answers, and response to the Mueller Report, very curious...

This isn't even about impeachment - it's about the choice of her words. It's now been 24 hours since the release of the Mueller Report and her take is that the cover-up has to do with voting machines being hacked - nothing about the president, you know, actually doing bad stuff.

That's concerning to me.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to MasonDreams (Reply #21)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 05:40 PM

61. What's Gabbard up to here?

Tulsi Gabbard: Trump indictment might have 'led to civil war'

“If [Trump] had been indicted for conspiring with Russia to interfere with and affect the outcome of our elections, it would have precipitated a terribly divisive crisis that could have even led to civil war,” Gabbard said in a statement posted on Twitter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1287&pid=39322
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:45 AM

17. But Trump and Tulsi are both pro-Putin in Syria

Tulsi was raised in, and still has ties to, a cult.
We have a lot of good candidates. Tulsi is not one.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Response to EndGOPPropaganda (Reply #17)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 09:13 AM

24. Hindu? Really? Not a cult

Oh yea, her father and some anti-LGBTQ thing. People are not what they were told to be in their teens.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to MasonDreams (Reply #24)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:06 AM

51. That's like saying the splinter FLDS enclaves

are simply "Christian."
Bullshit.

You should read this 3 part series about Chris Butler and his cult written by a local Hawaiian investigative journalist. It also focuses on the Gabbard family and their involvement:
https://www.meanwhileinhawaii.org/home/butlersweb

Add: high ranking members from her "teenage years" hold top positions on her campaign team, so it's not merely something from her past
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to happybird (Reply #51)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 05:07 PM

59. Please don't tell me what "splinter FDLS enclaves are"

It sounds scary, but point well taken, the KKK and mike pence think that they are Christian. I read the article and oops! Guess it was too good to be true. I thought she was just Hindu. I still want to see her on the debate stage. We need to stop invading countries w/o a Congressional vote. And you have to be as brave as Senator Wellstone just to say that.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to MasonDreams (Reply #24)

Sun Apr 21, 2019, 03:13 PM

65. Tulsi was raised in a cult.

For Tulsi Gabbard, politics is a family business. Her mother, Carol Gabbard, was on Hawaii’s State Board of Education; her father, Mike Gabbard, was a political activist and Honolulu City Council member, best known in Hawaii for being one of the state’s leading opponents of LGBTQ equality. He founded an organization called Stop Promoting Homosexuality that opposed not only marriage equality but the very idea of tolerance for homosexuality itself.

“Homosexuality is not normal, not healthy, morally and scripturally wrong,” he said in a 1992 interview, in which he also blamed the spread of AIDS on the repeal of sodomy laws.

Mike Gabbard’s opposition to LGBTQ rights (as well as abortion) seemed to stem from his religious background. Born in American Samoa, he is both Catholic and a member of an obscure offshoot of the Hare Krishna sect called the Science of Identity Foundation. The group’s leader, a self-described guru named Chris Butler, has condemned homosexuality, once arguing that it led to “an increasing number of American women [keeping] dogs for sexual purposes.’”

Tulsi Gabbard grew up in Butler’s movement, which has faced allegations of cult-like practices. She told the New Yorker’s Kelefa Sanneh that he shaped her Hindu identity, speaking of her “gratitude to him for the gift of this wonderful spiritual practice that he has given to me.”

Her early political career reflected both Butler’s views and her father’s. She worked for her father’s organization, which supported the use of “conversion therapy” to try to turn kids straight. She once blasted “homosexual activists” for trying to “force their values down the throats of the children in our schools.” During her successful run for the Hawaii Legislature in 2002, when she was just 21 years old, she vowed to pass a constitutional amendment against same-sex marriage.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 05:37 PM

60. Oh? What's gabbard's game here?..

Tulsi Gabbard: Trump indictment might have 'led to civil war'

“If [Trump] had been indicted for conspiring with Russia to interfere with and affect the outcome of our elections, it would have precipitated a terribly divisive crisis that could have even led to civil war,” Gabbard said in a statement posted on Twitter.

https://www.democraticunderground.com/?com=view_post&forum=1287&pid=39322

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 20, 2019, 12:13 PM

64. But, she wants to cover up Trump's collusion with Russia and obstruction of justice.

Her response to the Mueller report exudes a foul stench.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 03:09 AM

2. Putin trolls are propping her up along with Sanders

Undecided

Reply to this post

Response to JI7 (Reply #2)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:01 AM

14. For that reason, I've struck them from my list.

Pete has moved up. Biden, Harris, and Warren are still top for now.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:19 AM

31. Exactly.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:28 AM

37. The Democratic Party has deemed them to run as Democrats

This smearing of candidates wasn't to be encouraged here or is it?

I have voted for the D on the ballot since WJC and in all the state and local elections. I have read what nonpartisan candidates stand on issues when running to be a judge or hold another office, making sure I wasn't voting a right wing idiot.

I consider myself a Democrat. I have never been to Russia, and the only Russian who ever paid me did so because I could bill her patient records to the insurance companies for her acupuncture business.

This crap is why I jumped back on the Bernie train because going into this election I thought he was too old. Well, Biden supporters have convinced me that age is an asset. I like Bernie's platform, I like his dedication to it. I think he will talk to anyone no matter how biased they seem to be. And some of those people will actually listen because this country isn't working for them and really hasn't for the last 30 years.

Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 04:29 AM

6. I am waiting for "who" or "what" runs as an independent.

Anyone with pro Putin and pro Kim Jong Un sentiments should be viewed with alarm. I expect Russian sponsored trolling to be more clever this time around.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to gordianot (Reply #6)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:09 AM

15. Let's not jump to conclusions, U.S. Representative Gabbard is a US Army officer

I have my honorable discharge and would have shot Kim Jong Un's father (if given proper authorization & opportunity). I served with pride and distinction a stones throw away from N Korea. My hometown was one of the top ten targets of the USSR's nuclear arsenal for the first 20yrs of my life. Do you remember those grammar school nuclear attack drills? Please cease and desist calling me and Major Gabbard red? or commie?
You've got to dig deeper than Trump. He would have been impeached and removed long ago, and w/o Mueller's report, if not for the repukes in the Senate!! Nixon did not have the votes so he resigned.
Election Integrity is Paramount. It is likely that Hillary won, or would have if those in line had voted. Certainly Michigan and possibly Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Al Gore definitely won Florida, by thousands, yes thousands of votes. This, from real print journalism all over Europe.
And speaking of real print journalism, the publication of the Pentagon Papers was 1st amendment protected & saved many American servicemen's lives. Assange is a journalist. Exposing corruption and especially war crimes is a necessary check. My family and millions more defend the Constitution of the United States against ALL enemies foreign and domestic. And with the help of a free press, being a liberal Democrat is not yet a crime!!
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to MasonDreams (Reply #15)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:48 AM

18. Liz Warren will do all that and more - she's your candidate

All the problems you worry about above are things that Liz Warren will work on with actual plans. I don’t deny that Gabbard may say some things that also align with them. But Gabbard has little experience in getting any of that done. Gabbard will be rolled by the GOP and our enemies abroad like Russia. That’s why both GOP and Putin like her.

Vote Liz Warren! The first things she’ll do are strengthen the free press by reducing money in politics.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Response to EndGOPPropaganda (Reply #18)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 09:04 AM

23. Don't worry, Senator Warren is awesome.

And I'd love it if she gets the top spot in the end.
I like all of her policy proposals, busting up the big Banks, busting up big Communications etcetera.
I just do not get why otherwise informed people think that she's a favorite of our adversaries abroad, where does this come from? She's strong on principle. If you spend a couple of years in Iraq/Afghanistan and come out swinging, your good to go. The job comes with serious stress, & sure the profession of professor is tough, but there ain't no bullets flying, and blood, with life and death decisions at the same time. We gotta have Tulsi to remind us about Eisenhower's warning. The biggest most important problems must be addressed.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to MasonDreams (Reply #23)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:30 AM

39. I applaud your gumption

This board is pretty hostile to your candidate, but the party claims to be a big tent. We all need to listen to all the voices. Heck, I even listen to Biden.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to EndGOPPropaganda (Reply #18)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 04:52 AM

7. Do the rules of this site suddenly not count?

If the Democratic candidate being bashed and smeared is Tulsi Gabbard?
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to Kentonio (Reply #7)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 06:55 AM

11. "Constructive criticism is always welcome." This post

Raises legitimate questions about actual actions Gabbard has taken.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to spooky3 (Reply #11)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 06:57 AM

12. Asking if a Democratic candidate is a 'ringer for Trump' is not constructive criticism.

Raising questions is one thing, providing personal conclusions that smear a candidate is out of order.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to Kentonio (Reply #12)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:01 AM

13. It absolutely is when it is followed up by descriptions of her

Behavior that the poster thinks raise the question. During the primaries especially, we have to be willing to accept criticism of candidates that is based on disagreement with their stances and actions.

I was on a jury on this post so apparently others agreed with me.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to spooky3 (Reply #13)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:32 AM

41. That is spooky. nt

Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:20 AM

32. I don't care for her.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:27 AM

36. It is actually

Undecided

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:18 AM

30. +1

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:32 AM

40. A Russian Troll is not really a quote criticism unquote

It sounds like an accusation.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:56 AM

20. This is the primary forum. Criticism is NOT bashing/smearing. Discussing her record and her

opinions is well within the bounds, even if comments are not favorable.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:22 AM

33. If someone asked if [NAME] was doing Trumps bidding it might turn out differently.

And that’s simply because things are adjudicated by people who may choose to apply criteria or not apply criteria. I guess if someone wanted a different outcome they could recruit Gabbard supporters to this site.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 18, 2019, 11:18 PM

69. She inserted herself in the news cycle

So posts about her like this are highly topical. She also said incredibly negative things about Clinton.

Tulsi earned the scrutiny she is receiving.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 18, 2019, 11:40 PM

73. Kentonio - you raise an interesting point.

I got slapped a few months back by the DU police for criticizing Dan Lipinski (D-IL) for his anti-abortion position. The reason I was given for my slap on the wrist ? "We do not allow criticism of democrats."
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 05:04 AM

8. Tulsi is SO far down the

list that it's a pretty safe bet that she'll not be a factor in Dem primaries in any event.

Perhaps she will feature on an Independent ticket with someone who shares her antipathy to other Dems.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to BlueMTexpat (Reply #8)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 05:23 AM

9. Agree and hope not. Though in fantasy I'm now imagining

her trying to get the ticket topper to accept Sheldon Adelson funding. We thought McCain-Palin was the partnership from hell. She would help pull deplorables from the right, though, before taking her dive.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to Hortensis (Reply #9)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 06:03 AM

10. ...

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to BlueMTexpat (Reply #8)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:37 AM

43. What a scary world you live in

I don't believe that a certain someone will change to Independent and have her as a running mate.

Reading to a lot of the replies, this board is getting pretty twisted. It feels like our big tent is collapsing in on itself.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:13 AM

16. She Is Quite Well Spoken

She is unlkely to be a top contender, or so it would seem. I know I was impressed with her the one time I saw her interviewed, then I googled her and found lots of critics.

Right now virtually any of our candidates would be an immense improvement over the evil dumb Richie Rich clown we suffer now.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:52 AM

19. Her past constant attacks on Obama tells me a great deal. Her Jill Stein like defense of

Putin and Assad and reluctance to call out Trump on anything should raise questions, as it has (apparently) for the majority of her Hawaii (Democratic) constituency., where she was facing strong primary opposition for her House seat. Her family history and their politics appear to be a strong lingering influence. (Google, if unaware).

That said, I agree on the need to secure our election with paper ballots and other measures. So, I give her credit for that.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 08:56 AM

22. I really don't like her but do agree.

It doesn’t get the headlines yet it’s the story of our times. We have known for a fact that Russia interfered in our elections. It seems that every week we learn more and more about it. Yet the federal government is doing nothing about it. It’s actually just the opposite. They are providing cover. Our elections have been dramatically interfered with and a major party supports it.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 09:36 AM

25. Lazy conspiracy theory...

Tulsi Gabbard's "vote with Trump" calculation by 538: 20.7%, only slightly higher than Nancy Pelosi.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to brooklynite (Reply #25)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:44 AM

47. I'd like to agree with you, but Gabbard seems positively manchurian

Her votes say "I'm a liberal Democrat", but her associations and public statements lead me to believe that she is still the religious conservative of her youth.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to brooklynite (Reply #25)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:46 AM

56. I said nothing about her voting record...

It's her line of attacks. I don't believe she's a right-wing conservative, so, the way she votes is irrelevant. I am questioning her motives in wanting to brush Trump's obstruction/collusion aside from the Mueller Report and solely focus on the hacking of the voting machines. THAT is an important issue - but so is the President committing potential impeachable offenses.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 09:37 AM

26. Yes

Undecided

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 09:48 AM

27. Malcolm Nance says she is

the Russian plant within the Dem party. Putin isn’t stupid enough to groom one or two assets from only one party. We will fine more of this cancer as the days go by.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to MontanaMama (Reply #27)

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 07:20 AM

79. I agree

Putin has done this before too.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 09:55 AM

28. Not just Tulsi ... think bigger nt

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:18 AM

29. She's campaigning to be Sanders VP.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to comradebillyboy (Reply #29)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:30 AM

38. Sanders supporters seem to adore her.

They are usually the most passionate in their defense of her anytime someone dares to critique her in any way.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Response to BannonsLiver (Reply #38)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:36 AM

42. The gang at JPR have both Bernie and Tulsi banners on their home page.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to BannonsLiver (Reply #38)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:40 AM

44. I don't adore her

But I don't find she is completely evil.

I won't vote for her in the primary and I don't think she will get very far. But the fear and loathing of by fellow Dems reminds me of certain supporters of an orange Cheeto.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to artislife (Reply #44)

Response to artislife (Reply #44)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:49 AM

48. Yeah, I saw your deleted post Mr Liver.

I voted for Obama twice, I have an original Hope poster that was given to me by a friend of the artist.

I do not think Obama was perfect, but he was the man for the job and he brought us Michelle and those wonderful girls.

I am a middle aged brown woman who has voted for Maria Cantwell, who takes money from Big Pharma which I hate. I can see my politician's flaws and not completely give up on them. I do send Maria a lot of emails and have told her I will not send her money. I would never vote for her counterpart R in the state election, though. She doesn't need to know that I will cave, I want her to try to earn my vote, even if she probably will always have it.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to artislife (Reply #48)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:52 AM

49. Cool.

Undecided

Reply to this post

Response to BannonsLiver (Reply #49)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:11 AM

52. Actually, not cool.

Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to artislife (Reply #52)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:12 AM

53. Ok.

Undecided

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:25 AM

35. I think she's trying to be all things to all people in the middle

IMHO, it's not a winning strategy but can cause some people to scratch their heads. Right now I would say it's to get attention -- any attention.

My friends haven't heard of her. At least none that I've asked. Neither has my mom. My mom's not knee-deep into the primaries so she's not paying attention now.

I didn't like Tulsi's tweet yesterday about moving on from investigating Trump, and wonder why she is punching her ticket to ride the "no collusion" train.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to Politicub (Reply #35)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 10:43 AM

46. You know why

Others have said why. Read Malcolm Nance’s thoughts on her. They are worthwhile.
Undecided

Reply to this post

Response to BannonsLiver (Reply #46)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:05 AM

50. I will. Firing up Google now! n/t

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:16 AM

54. No. eom

Undecided

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 02:28 PM

57. She's in bed with Putin and Assad...

If she lived anywhere in the mainland she'd be a republican since she has a 90% ideological alignment with Trump; but she keeps the 'D' after her name because it's the only way she can get elected in Hawaii
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 02:54 PM

58. your comment is right on ...... My take? Tulsi is in this to attack the Democrats from a position

My take? Tulsi is in this to attack the Democrats from a position that is beneficial to Trump.
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 22, 2019, 05:06 PM

66. she is running to be sanders vice president

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 22, 2019, 07:42 PM

67. How is this OP not against the rules? Nt

Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Response to artislife (Reply #67)

Fri Oct 18, 2019, 11:21 PM

71. Because juries decide that here. n/t

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 18, 2019, 11:08 PM

68. *cough*

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 18, 2019, 11:18 PM

70. WTF Hawaii! Get rid of the Assad apologist!

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Response to Beakybird (Reply #70)

Fri Oct 18, 2019, 11:33 PM

72. We're trying!

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Fri Oct 18, 2019, 11:42 PM

74. Trump/Russia a double ringer. Nt

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 12:55 AM

75. *sneeze*

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 01:00 AM

76. I've suspected she was an inplant from the beginning.

She has been aligning more & more w/Drump every day, i.e Russia.
Bernie Sanders

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 01:25 AM

77. The gift of Gabbard

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Thu Dec 19, 2019, 01:26 AM

78. If she was any more of a plant, I'd water her.

Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread