HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » Booker's tax returns: Spe...
Undecided 44%
Elizabeth Warren21%
Joe Biden14%
Bernie Sanders8%
Pete Buttigieg6%

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 09:48 AM

Booker's tax returns: Speaking fees and royalties drive income

Politico

Sen. Cory Booker brought in nearly $3 million in public speaking fees and royalties over the past decade, according to tax documents his presidential campaign released Wednesday.

The New Jersey Democrat’s reported income in 2018 was $152,715. He paid $29,446 in taxes and donated $24,000 to charity that year.

Public speaking fees and royalties, however, account for the bulk of Booker’s income in eight of the past 10 years. Booker reported $2 million in public speaking fees from 2009 to 2014 and $987,077 in royalties from 2015 to 2017.

Booker’s campaign released 10 years of tax returns on Wednesday, making him the latest Democratic White House contender to do so. A couple of candidates got attention for their filings: Sen. Bernie Sanders’ tax returns show that he became a millionaire in 2016, and former Rep. Beto O’Rourke’s tax returns drew scrutiny for a dearth of charitable giving.
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Pete Buttigieg

1 replies, 222 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 1 replies Author Time Post
Reply Booker's tax returns: Speaking fees and royalties drive income (Original post)
brooklynite Apr 2019 OP
WeekiWater Apr 2019 #1

Response to brooklynite (Original post)

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 09:49 AM

1. In demand.

I enjoy watching him deliver our message.
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread