HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Democratic Primaries (Forum) » What does Joe Biden belie...
Undecided 44%
Elizabeth Warren22%
Joe Biden14%
Bernie Sanders8%
Pete Buttigieg6%

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 02:40 PM

What does Joe Biden believe? Where the candidate stands on 8 issues.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/what-does-joe-biden-believe-where-the-candidate-stands-on-8-issues

After months of speculation, former Vice President Joe Biden is officially running for president in 2020. A Washington veteran who spent decades as a U.S. senator and has twice run for president, Biden is no stranger to national politics. He’s a meme sensation, one half of an unlikely bromance and a lover of ice cream cones. He’s viewed by many as a folksy, spontaneous and gaffe-prone elder statesman of the Democratic Party.

The “scrappy kid from Scranton,” as former President Barack Obama called him, would be the oldest person elected U.S. president in history if he won the 2020 race; he’d be 76 years old on Election Day. Here’s where he stands on eight key issues.

Climate change: Demands action to combat climate change. Supports Paris climate accord.
Biden has called climate change an “existential” threat and has called for the Trump administration to take action on the issue. As vice president, he helped orchestrate the Paris climate accord, which he has called the “best way to protect our children and global leadership.” His strong stance on climate change is longstanding, going back beyond his time as vice president. In 1986, then-Senator Biden introduced the first ever climate bill to establish a task force on the issue.

Much more at link...read the rest there.
If I were to vote in a presidential
primary today, I would vote for:
Joe Biden

3 replies, 353 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply What does Joe Biden believe? Where the candidate stands on 8 issues. (Original post)
MineralMan Apr 2019 OP
ancianita Apr 2019 #1
MineralMan Apr 2019 #2
gateley Apr 2019 #3

Response to MineralMan (Original post)

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 02:42 PM

1. Biden's belief, policy, governance,know-how are each a universe more than Trump has ever heard of.

Undecided

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ancianita (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 02:43 PM

2. At least that much more!

Joe Biden

Reply to this post