HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats 2020 » Biden 2020 (Group) » BiPart... Aspirational, D...
Joe Biden You are in the Biden 2020 Group. Only members who have selected Joe Biden as their preferred Democratic presidential candidate are permitted to post in this Group.

Sun Jun 30, 2019, 09:58 AM

BiPart... Aspirational, Delusional, or...

.... Practical?

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/06/29/joe-biden-bipartisanship-2020-president-227250

3 replies, 556 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply BiPart... Aspirational, Delusional, or... (Original post)
reACTIONary Jun 30 OP
LakeArenal Jun 30 #1
DownriverDem Jun 30 #2
peggysue2 Jul 2 #3

Response to reACTIONary (Original post)

Sun Jun 30, 2019, 10:08 AM

1. Not delusional for sure.

Bipartisan should be the goal. Whether either side likes it or not.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jun 30, 2019, 12:24 PM

2. Biden's right

Our government works best when both sides compromise. We have gotten so far from this goal. Blame the repubs who going back years decided that compromise was bad. Ever since we have had a hard time getting things done for we the people. Also I am very disappointed in the attacks on Biden. He has the experience to start working from day one. I truly believe if he picks a strong progressive Dem woman, they will beat trump. I hate the tit for tat attacks going on.

Reply to this post

Tue Jul 2, 2019, 07:13 PM

3. This is a good article

I read it several days ago, a reality check for those who need it. Our system requires consensus/bipartisanship to get anything done whatsoever. So unless we want to remain forever gridlocked we need to work with the Republicans whether we like it or not. Even if we win both Houses of Congress, not all Dems will vote for every progressive measure because they'll be representing a variety of constituents, many moderate and conservative in Red States. Reviewing what the Obama Administration faced is a good object lesson, methinks. Sobering but the reality on the ground.

So no, Joe Biden isn't wrong. He's simply reminding the electorate of a frustrating truth--compromise is the grease that allow the gears to work.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread