HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats 2020 » Sanders 2020 (Group) » I'm full of grief for the...
Bernie Sanders You are in the Sanders 2020 Group. Only members who have selected Bernie Sanders as their preferred Democratic presidential candidate are permitted to post in this Group.

Mon Mar 30, 2020, 01:00 AM

I'm full of grief for their future

For a brief moment when Bernie was the front runner, I thought maybe we will manage to steer the Titanic away from the iceberg (not a great analogy for global warming). Then came South Carolina and my heart fell. I have had to be very careful about my exposure to the news, because I am so disappointed, so full of grief. Bernie’s climate plan offers hope. He won majorities with under 40 voters. Why is that? Maybe because they know what they will be left with because of “incremental change”? I’m a boomer. I only have a few years left. But these young people, I am full of grief for their futures. I have a really hard time being tolerant of the Bernie bro jokes because of this. How is it so easy to dismiss the concerns of the coming generation? Doesn’t this pandemic show how fragile this reality is? Of course I will vote for the Democratic nominee. Two things: DACA and judges. But I am full of grief for their future.

2 replies, 481 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I'm full of grief for their future (Original post)
srobertss Mar 2020 OP
Paka Mar 2020 #1
srobertss Mar 2020 #2

Response to srobertss (Original post)

Mon Mar 30, 2020, 05:09 AM

1. I'm pre-boomer, and I too am full of grief.

The future should be theirs to determine. To discount them for your own immediate greed is unacceptable. The youth who responded to Senator Sanders' message are the ones who will suffer. To block out their voice to protect a return to status quo is tragic.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Paka (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 30, 2020, 11:52 PM

2. Like living in a separate reality

This is so clear to me but none of my boomer friends see it in this light, except for my husband. Thank you for your reply.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread