HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats 2020 » Sanders 2020 (Group) » Bernie Sanders First to S...
Bernie Sanders You are in the Sanders 2020 Group. Only members who have selected Bernie Sanders as their preferred Democratic presidential candidate are permitted to post in this Group.

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 03:00 PM

Bernie Sanders First to Sign Pledge to Rally Behind Democratic Nominee

Gideon Resnick
04.25.19 3:32 PM ET

Excerpt:

National progressive outfit Indivisible on Thursday launched a pledge compelling all 2020 Democratic presidential candidates to rally behind the eventual nominee. Bernie Sanders was the first to sign it, the group revealed.

The “We Are Indivisible” pledge asks for three commitments from him and any other prospective signers, as first reported by BuzzFeed News. First, Indivisible’s pledge requests that candidates “make the primary constructive” by outlining their visions while respecting their opponents.

“I’ll support the ultimate Democratic nominee, whoever it is—period," the pledge also reads. “No Monday morning quarterbacking. No third-party threats. Immediately after there’s a nominee, I’ll endorse.”

And the group also wants a commitment that every candidate will “do the work to beat Trump,” including a promise that “As soon as there is a nominee, I will put myself at the disposal of the campaign.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bernie-sanders-first-to-sign-pledge-to-rally-behind-whoever-wins-democratic-primary

6 replies, 415 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bernie Sanders First to Sign Pledge to Rally Behind Democratic Nominee (Original post)
Donkees Apr 2019 OP
InAbLuEsTaTe Apr 2019 #1
CentralMass Apr 2019 #2
Donkees Apr 2019 #3
ZeroSomeBrains Apr 2019 #4
Doitnow Apr 2019 #5
corbettkroehler Apr 2019 #6

Response to Donkees (Original post)

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 03:06 PM

1. Bernie leading the pack AGAIN... no surprise there!!

Bernie & Elizabeth 2020!!!
Welcome to the revolution!!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 03:08 PM

2. Excellent.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 03:28 PM

3. Bernie: I am proud to take the #WeAreIndivisiblePledge.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 06:07 PM

4. Not a surprise

Bernie is almost always on the record doing the right thing before anyone. I'm glad he is signing on to a policy-based and constructive campaign.

Reply to this post

Thu Apr 25, 2019, 11:04 PM

5. Now there is a leader!

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 26, 2019, 06:35 PM

6. Would Bernie Bashers Welcome His Support

I have thrown in the towel trying to reason with people here on D.U. who refuse to recognize Bernie for the tireless progressive he is. In some of my exchanges, every angle I attempted always returned to, "Bernie's not a Democrat."

Question: I am certain that the nomination is Bernie's this time. However, if I were wrong and another candidate secured the Dem nomination, would those same voters welcome Sanders' support, the support of a man who isn't a real Dem in their eyes?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread