HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Democrats 2020 » Warren 2020 (Group) » High in polls, Senator El...
Elizabeth Warren You are in the Warren 2020 Group. Only members who have selected Elizabeth Warren as their preferred Democratic presidential candidate are permitted to post in this Group.

Thu Nov 7, 2019, 01:58 PM

High in polls, Senator Elizabeth Warren makes first campaign stops in North Carolina

https://www.newsobserver.com/news/politics-government/election/article237000709.html

“The more people listen and look at her ideas . . . they’re gaining in popularity,” state Rep. Marcia Morey, a Durham Democrat who has endorsed Warren, said in an earlier interview. “Her message really resonates to helping the average citizens and working people. That’s why I support her.”

At N.C. A&T, one of five public historically black colleges and universities in North Carolina, Warren reiterated her pledge for $50 billion for HBCUs from a wealth tax.

She detailed the plan in May in a post on the website Blavity. She’d pay for the HBCU funding through an ultra-millionaire tax, “which is a small 2% tax on fortunes over $50 million,” she wrote in the post.

“These institutions have never had the same type of access to public funds like other schools,” she wrote.

More at the link.

4 replies, 374 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply High in polls, Senator Elizabeth Warren makes first campaign stops in North Carolina (Original post)
BlueMTexpat Nov 7 OP
Ninga Nov 7 #1
BlueMTexpat Nov 7 #2
BeyondGeography Nov 7 #3
BlueMTexpat Nov 8 #4

Response to BlueMTexpat (Original post)

Thu Nov 7, 2019, 02:21 PM

1. Thanks for posting. Good to learn she is on the ground working it! Nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Ninga (Reply #1)

Thu Nov 7, 2019, 02:27 PM

2. The more voters see of Elizabeth Warren

Last edited Fri Nov 8, 2019, 03:46 AM - Edit history (1)

in the flesh, instead of relying on the pundits and doomer-gloomers, the more that her ideas strike chords with them.

I love that she is moving into the South.

Reply to this post

Response to BeyondGeography (Reply #3)

Fri Nov 8, 2019, 03:45 AM

4. Thanks for posting!

I just saw that here this morning.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread