HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Fridays Child » Journal
Page: 1

Fridays Child

Profile Information

Gender: Do not display
Member since: 2001
Number of posts: 23,998

Journal Archives

A family member is traveling to Paris, soon. I have an electrical adapter question. :)

I've seen American/French adapters at Radio Shack. Is it sufficient to get one or two of those?

My family member will be taking some electric hairstyling tools, including a curling iron, a straightener, and a blow dryer. Should she have something more than a simple adapter in order to operate the blow dryer? It is labeled 125/250 V AC 60 Hz 1875 W. That's the styling tool I'm most concerned about because it has a motor.

The straightener is labeled both 120 V~60 Hz 177 W and 120 V~60 Hz 44 W.

The curling iron is labeled 120 V AC 60 Hz 14 W.

She will be staying with a host family in what I assume is a modern flat. I want to ensure that she doesn't catch anything on fire or short out her family's electrical system.

Any advice from fellow DUers with experience in this area would be so appreciated.

Posted by Fridays Child | Wed Jan 2, 2013, 03:30 AM (7 replies)
Go to Page: 1