Last week I sent an email that bluntly stated:
The election was not rigged. The elected officials saying otherwise are being intentionally dishonest.
And I got a lot of replies from people saying, Are you SURE it wasnt rigged? How do you know? Wheres the proof? I heard that it was, so maybe we should look into that.
Ok, so let me double back for a minute.
If you honestly arent sure whether or not the election was rigged, the best way I know to address that is to provide a wide variety of sources on the subject.
So here are 44 sources a number of them supporters of the president for you to consider.
In my view, if you genuinely believe that the election may have been stolen, you owe it to yourself to at least check your beliefs against what you see below.
(And if, upon review, you determine that the evidence does not support a conclusion that the election was rigged, the next step would be to cast a skeptical eye toward the sources that repeatedly tried to convince you otherwise.)
But Jeff, why should I believe anything you say?
Dont. Check the sources.
But Jeff, these sources are all corrupt and lying and should be ignored!
Ok but just know that when people accuse you of believing a conspiracy theory, this is why.
Its because in the face of an immense number of fact checks, Republican judges, and Republican elected officials youre not willing to consider the possibility that you may have been misled.
Thats conspiracy theory territory, and you should just know that going in.
For everyone else, please share this and lets see if we can reach a few people. It might not work, but we should at least try.
- Sen. Jeff Jackson
1. Disputing Trump, Barr says no widespread election fraud AP
2. Trumps claims of vote rigging are all wrong AP
3. First Statewide Audit of paper ballots in Georgia upholds results of Presidential race Georgia Secretary of State, Brad Raffensperger (R)
4. There is no evidence that any voting system deleted or lost votes, changed votes, or was in any way compromised. Elections Infrastructure Government Coordinating Council & The Election Infrastructure Sector Coordinating Executive Committees
5.The minimal number of criminal investigations that have so far come out of the November vote further reinforce the absence of sweeping vote fraud schemes. Washington Post
6. In a remarkable show of near-unanimity across the nations judiciary, at least 86 judges ranging from jurists serving at the lowest levels of state court systems to members of the United States Supreme Court rejected at least one post-election lawsuit filed by Trump or his supporters. Washington Post
7. Its Official: The Election Was Secure Brennan Center for Justice
8. As former Republican Members of Congress who swore an oath to the Constitution, we believe the statements by President Trump alleging fraud in the election are efforts to undermine the legitimacy of the election and are unacceptable Letter from ***31 Former Republican Members of Congress***
9. To win, Mr. Trump must prove systemic fraud, with illegal votes in the tens of thousands. There is no evidence of that so far. Karl Rove, Wall Street Journal
10. U.S. District Judge Matthew Brann a Republican and Federalist Society member in central Pennsylvania compared the campaigns legal arguments to Frankensteins Monster, concluding that Trumps team offered only speculative accusations, not proof of rampant corruption. AP News
And you can read the case for yourself here: https://www.pamd.uscourts.gov/sites/pamd/files/20-2078_202.pdf
11. A sitting president undermining our political process & questioning the legality of the voices of countless Americans without evidence is not only dangerous & wrong, it undermines the very foundation this nation was built upon. Every American should have his or her vote counted. Will Hurd (R), Representative of Texass 23rd District
12. STOP spreading debunked misinformation This is getting insane Adam Kinzinger (R), Republican Representative of Illinoiss 16th District
13. The scheme by members of Congress to reject the certification of the presidential election makes a mockery of our system and who we are as Americans. Maryland Governor Larry Hogan (R)
14. Sen. Joni Ernst (R-IA) Shoots Down Trump Legal Teams Rigged Election Claims: Absolutely Outrageous Fox News
15. [The president] is wrong to say that the election was rigged, corrupt or stolen doing so damages the cause of freedom here and around the world, weakens the institutions that lie at the foundation of the Republic, and recklessly inflames destruction and dangerous passions. Sen. Mitt Romney (R), Utah
16. President Trumps legal team has not presented evidence of the massive fraud which would have had to be present to overturn the election. I voted for President Trump but Joe Biden won. Sen. Bill Cassidy (R), Louisiana
17. Republican Sen. Pat Toomey calls Trumps campaign to overturn Pennsylvania election completely unacceptable The Philadelphia Inquirer
18. Nebraska Sen. Deb Fischer (R) says widespread voter fraud not proven in 2020 election KETV
19. Former GOP election law attorney says widespread voter fraud doesnt exist Fox Denver
20. There is not and has not been any credible evidence of significant fraud in the 2020 election Washington Post
21. Georgia election: Trump voter fraud claims and others fact-checked BBC
22. Trumps made-up claims of fake Georgia votes AP News
23. Fact-checking Trumps false claims about Pennsylvanias election before his supporters attacked the Capitol The Philadelphia Inquirer
24. Trump tweet wrongly suggests there were defects with Michigan voting machines Detroit Free Press
25. The Times Called Officials In Every State: No Evidence of Voter Fraud New York Times
26. A Georgia Election official debunked Trumps claims of voter fraud point by point New York Times
27. Pennsylvania pours cold water on Trumps voter fraud claims The Guardian
28. Heres the reality behind Trumps claims about mail voting AP
29. 2020 election most secure in American history, federal election security officials say Fox News
30. Presidential Election Most Secure In History, Top Security Experts At DHS Say HuffPost
31. Fired director of U.S. cyber agency Chris Krebs explains why President Trumps claims of election interference are false 60 Minutes, CBS
32. Trumps own officials say 2020 was Americas most secure election in history Vox
33. Governor Wolf, officials say Pennsylvania had a fair and secure election MSN
34. No, Dominion voting machines did not delete Trump votes. New York Times
35. Georgia officials rebutted Trumps claim that Dominion voting machines failed in Republican strongholds. NYT
36. Missouri Sen. Roy Blunt (R) went on CNN and said the presidential election wasnt rigged Springfield News Leader
37. Sen. Cornyn (R) says hes seen no evidence of voter fraud The Daily Sentinel
38. No evidence shows Biden benefitted from voter fraud, South Dakota Senator John Thune (R) says Argus Leader
39. Georgia official Raffensperger: We had safe, secure, honest elections 60 Minutes, CBS News
40. Fact-Checking the Congressional Debate on Ratifying the Election Results NYT
41. Arizona Supreme Court upholds election challenge dismissal: In all, eight lawsuits challenging Bidens Arizona win have failed.
42. Fact check: After hand count audits of the vast majority of the ballots in the state, no evidence for claims Arizonas results were marred by fraud NBC News https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/live-blog/electoral-college-certification-updates-n1252864/ncrd1253058#blogHeader
And you can see the hand count results for yourself here: https://azsos.gov/election/2020-general-election-hand-count-results
43. Arizonas GOP AG rejects voter fraud claims Axios
44. From a presidential commission to Trump-nominated judges, heres who has rebuked Trumps voter fraud claims Washington Post
A POEM FOR THE END by Sheila Dershowitz
Good night loon,
Good night goon,
Good night nastiest man in the room.
Good night lies,
Good night spies,
Good night rants and alibis.
Good night twitter,
Good night tweets.
Good night all those crazy bleats.
Good night red hats,
Good night cruel chants,
Good night sniveling sycophants.
Good night wall,
Good night cages,
Good night endless midnight rages.
Good night fine people on both sides,
Good night losers, good night suckers,
Good night evil nasty fuckers.
Good night Ivanka,
Good night Jared,
Good night Barron, we hardly knew ya.
Good night thief,
Good night grief,
Good night cruel and callous chief.
Good night fake news,
And FOX and friends,
This is how the nightmare ends.
Good night at last,
Its time to go.
The American people told you so!
When I have constituents respond to my emails about vaccine distribution with angry notes about the virus being a joke and not worthy of their concern, I just think about the people who have worked so hard to mislead them.
And how many of them are in Congress.
Pretending a global pandemic isn't worthy of concern isn't a notion you arrive at on your own.
It takes a concerted effort by people who *fully understand* that they are being deceptive.
And lots of these folks are elected officials who should exist to *do the opposite thing.*
And if your elected official is planning on spending tomorrow objecting to the clear outcome of an election, then I'm talking about that guy, too.
Because this is a reality-detachment thing now.
And I just don't understand the ethical willingness to knowingly mislead people. I can't put myself in the head of someone who gets to the point where they're willing to willfully mislead *their own constituents*, of all people, into dropping their guard in the face of a rolling wave of catastrophe.
And when these guys turn around and jump in line to get the vaccine, shouldn't that ring some bells? Like, maybe they've been full of it this whole time?
Incidentally, I reply to every one of those emails.
And here's what I write:
"I'm sorry, but you've been deeply misled. Please do some of your own reading on this. Just use Google and take a few minutes. Pick a number of sources. This is all very real."
And let's do this:
Please share this on the off chance that someone who truly needs to get woken up on this issue will stumble across it.
And, if that happens to be you and you're still reading:
We love you, we want you to be healthy, we want the people around you to be healthy, we want all of this to end as quickly as humanly possible, and please start doing your own reading on this from non-political sources that have actual editors and standards where people would get fired for being wrong, not blogs or memes. This is all very real and we're counting on your help to end it.
- Sen. Jeff Jackson
those GOP senate and Supreme Court seats they worked for all these years.....starting with Georgia.
The GenZ kids challenge each other to look like Mitch. The results are hilarious, but, I dont know how to post them.
I also noticed that scores can change, so there is the opportunity to increase your score.
Profile InformationMember since: 2002
Number of posts: 112,378
- 2023 (36)
- 2022 (38)
- 2021 (49)
- 2020 (4)
- 2019 (1)
- September (1)