Kid BerwynKid Berwyn's Journal
Trump engages in treason with our nations chief enemy to get elected in 2016 and got caught red-handed doing it again in real time in 2019 and people wonder?
Revealed: the $2bn offshore trail that leads to Vladimir Putin
A massive leak of documents shines new light on the fabulous fortunes of the Russian presidents inner circle
Putins best friend: the cellist who holds the key to his fortune
Icelands PM faces snap election over revelations
What are the Panama Papers?
Panama Papers: global reaction live
by Luke Harding
The Guardian, April 3, 2016
A network of secret offshore deals and vast loans worth $2bn has laid a trail to Russias president, Vladimir Putin.
An unprecedented leak of documents shows how this money has made members of Putins close circle fabulously wealthy.
Though the presidents name does not appear in any of the records, the data reveals a pattern his friends have earned millions from deals that seemingly could not have been secured without his patronage.
The documents suggest Putins family has benefited from this money his friends fortunes appear his to spend.
The files are part of an unprecedented leak of millions of papers from the database of Mossack Fonseca, the worlds fourth biggest offshore law firm. They show how the rich and powerful are able to exploit secret offshore tax regimes in myriad ways.
The offshore trail starts in Panama, darts through Russia, Switzerland and Cyprus and includes a private ski resort where Putins younger daughter, Katerina, got married in 2013.
Lets see. Rembrandts depiction of Aristotle contemplating upon a bust of Homer or...
The highest virtue, according to Aristotle, was Intellectual Contemplation (Fabric Swatches). In addition, the following 12 virtues also can be attributed to Aristotle:
1) Courage bravery and valor vs Bone Spurs
2) Temperance self-control and restraint vs Stormy Daniels
3) Liberality bigheartness, charity and generosity vs Tax Jamboree for Billionaires
4) Magnificence radiance, joie de vivre vs Mocking the Disabled
5) Pride self-satisfaction vs Bragging about Bankrupting a Casino
6) Honor respect, reverence, admiration vs Inviting Our Nations Enemies to Settle Elections
7) Good Temper equanimity, level headedness vs Calling for Violence and Incarceration toward Journalists
8) Friendliness conviviality and sociability vs No One Volunteered to Mention Pee-resident Had Toilet Paper Stuck to Shoe as He Climbed Stairs to Air Force One
9) Truthfulness straightforwardness, frankness and candor vs LOLOL
10) Wit sense of humor meaninglessness and absurdity vs Military School of the Catskills 2nd Class
11) Friendship camaraderie and companionship vs Putin, Muhammad Bin Salman, Netanyahu, Kim, Duterte, Bolsonaro, etc etc etc.
12) Justice impartiality, evenhandedness and fairness vs Witch Hunting with Barr and Rudy
No wonder comparisons are odious, thy name is Trump.
The highest virtue, according to Aristotle, was Intellectual Contemplation. In addition, the following 12 virtues also can be attributed to Aristotle:
1) Courage bravery and valor
2) Temperance self-control and restraint
3) Liberality bigheartness, charity and generosity
4) Magnificence radiance, joie de vivre
5) Pride self-satisfaction
6) Honor respect, reverence, admiration
7) Good Temper equanimity, level headedness
8) Friendliness conviviality and sociability
9) Truthfulness straightforwardness, frankness and candor
10) Wit sense of humor meaninglessness and absurdity
11) Friendship camaraderie and companionship
12) Justice impartiality, evenhandedness and fairness
Source: Victoria Rayner
Gosh that PutinPAC has a lot of money.
Its the traitor who thinks he is above the law and can chose them he thinks fit to join him there.
(NYT reporter Michael) Schmidts acceptance of the GOP talking point that what happened with Ukraine never actually happened should remind us all once again of Orwell: And if all others accepted the lie which the Party imposed if all records told the same tale then the lie passed into history became truth.
Here is why the Russiapublicans are FIRST TO LIE IT STICKS.
It's the Republicans' biggest impeachment lie, and Americans could fall for it
Trump did not fail to extort the Ukrainians he got caught in the act. This distinction is incredibly important
Salon.com, NOVEMBER 23, 2019
Forthe millions of Americans viewing today, the two most important facts are the following, Rep. Elise Stefanik, R-N.Y., said on the first day of public impeachment hearings. No. 1: Ukraine received the aid. No. 2: There was, in fact, no investigation into Biden.
Stefaniks side wants this to be the central point that sticks in our heads: The alleged quid pro quo, where Ukraine would receive military aid appropriated by Congress on the condition that it cooked up an investigation into former Vice President Joe Biden, did not actually occur because Ukraine received the aid the quid and never publicly announced an investigation into Biden the quo.
What is most alarming is not that the GOP is promoting this talking point, but that it appears to be working. Following the impeachment proceedings, The New York Times podcast The Daily concluded with an assessment by top national security reporter Michael Schmidt:
Its a reoccurring theme in the Trump story: The president tries to do something but ultimately is not effective enough to actually get it done. So, should we penalize him for those attempts? Does the attempt . . . reach that bar for Congress to remove the president?
Trump did not fail to extort the Ukrainians. He got caught in the act. Only after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced the launch of an official investigation into his scheme did the aid flow.
Experts are raising questions about why the Justice Department did not open an investigation
NBC News, Oct. 4, 2019
By Ken Dilanian and Julia Ainsley
WASHINGTON Weeks before the whistleblower's complaint became public, the CIA's top lawyer made what she considered to be a criminal referral to the Justice Department about the whistleblower's allegations that President Donald Trump abused his office in pressuring the Ukrainian president, U.S. officials familiar with the matter tell NBC News.
The move by the CIA's general counsel, Trump appointee Courtney Simmons Elwood, meant she and other senior officials had concluded a potential crime had been committed, raising more questions about why the Justice Department later declined to open an investigation.
The phone call that Elwood considered to be a criminal referral is in addition to the referral later received as a letter from the Inspector General for the Intelligence Community regarding the whistleblower complaint.
But a timeline provided by U.S. officials familiar with the matter shows that multiple senior government officials appointed by Trump found the whistleblower's complaints credible, troubling and worthy of further inquiry starting soon after the president's July phone call.
Barr is in the Russia Thing up to his chins.
Profile InformationMember since: Mon May 6, 2019, 07:01 PM
Number of posts: 13,587
About Kid BerwynI am the DUer who once posted as Octafish. Ask me about the BFEE.
- 2023 (267)
- 2022 (301)
- 2021 (340)
- 2020 (239)
- 2019 (181)