The movie wasn't that great. The end theme sure was.
with Leslie Caron
So New Haven County in CT has substantial covid infection. I believe I heard on the radio so do five other counties. No order from the governor but I'm sure that will come tomorrow. Back to Masks. Rats.
Yesterday someone put up a thread asking people to vote: Who was the more evil - Nixon or Trump? The vote was unanimous: Trump! But it did get me to doing some research.
Did you know Nixon signed into law:
1. Social Security SSI
2. COLAs for social security
3. The EPA
4. The Clean Air Act
5. The Endangered Species Ac
7.The Office of Consumer Affairs
8. The Alternative Minimum Tax
9. Federal legislation establishing affirmative action
In employment for minorities.and women
10. Raised the minimum wage by 40 percent
11. Established Title IX which essentially invented college sports
12. Expanded the food stamps program
13. Ended the draft
14. Appointed supreme court justices who voted for Roe v. Wade
15. Lowered the voting age to 18
16. Killed off the gold standard
17. Decreased thei military budget substantially as a percent
. of gdp.
18. Increased the social welfare budget substantially as a percent
19. Proposed a national health care program that may have been
better than Obama's
20. Proposed cash payments to the poor, a negative income tax,
that Joe Biden is just now trying to replicate in part
No president since has been as liberal as Nixon.
President Obama said the same thing in an interview.
I hated Nixon when he was in office. I've looked at the record and saw what came after. I was wrong.
And he supported the ERA amendment and in 1969 advocated abolishing the electoral college. Next time around I'm voting for Tricky Dick!
When I was young my mother had a rule: You tip 15 percent on the meal but don't include the tax. She could do the math in her head well into her 90s. When I got older I would do 15 percent on the total bill, just because I couldn't do the math.
Then I married my wife. She has a Harvard Phd but remembers being a waitress when she was a teenager. She can't do math but always insisted: 20 percent.
Lately we've been going to the local Mexican place and I order my usual martini. The young girl inevitably comes over later and says: The bartender made too much! and she pours another half drink out of the pitcher. She gets a big tip.
It's nice when someone brings you stuff.
You have to take care of your people!
Zeke Emanuel mentioned this on the Rachel Show last night. No one knows why but Delta seems to decline as rapidly as it arrives. The same phenomenon is being observed in Britain.
Get up out of your seats and dance!
With the stock market reaching new highs, with home values soaring, one of these days I may become wealthy! I feel like joining a country club. I may have to become a Republican.
Where is my copy of the Wall Street Journal? Where is my tax cut?
PS: Thank you President Biden. You just showed us how to avoid a recession
Profile InformationName: Tom Conroy
Home country: USA
Current location: Langley, Virginia
Member since: Sat Mar 6, 2021, 07:56 PM
Number of posts: 7,611
About TomconroyMember of NAFO. Living large on an enormous CIA paycheck.
- 2023 (277)
- 2022 (1058)
- 2021 (595)