HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » The U.S. economy added 91... » Reply #10

Response to IronLionZion (Reply #6)

Fri Apr 2, 2021, 10:28 AM

10. ADP handles about 20% of payrolls. As for how they estimate the other 80%, I have no idea

but they do somehow. Over time, on average, the ADP and the BLS roughly match, though for any given month they can be way different sometimes -- I think MahatmaKaneJeeves occasionally posts something that includes a graph of ADP and the BLS private sector jobs numbers.

https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/speech/powell20191008a.htm
Jerome Powell Fed Chair at the time:

"Several years ago, we began a collaboration with the payroll processing firm ADP to construct a measure of payroll employment from their data set, which covers about 20 percent of the nation's private workforce" - Jerome Powell, 10/18/19


Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Please login to view edit histories.