HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Foreign Affairs & National Security » Veterans (Group) » Can someone help this per... » Reply #1
In the discussion thread: Can someone help this person... [View all]

Response to fleabiscuit (Original post)

Fri Feb 21, 2020, 06:20 AM

1. Here's an instructional I found on Military.com

Rebuilding Service Records

Link: https://www.military.com/benefits/records-and-forms/rebuilding-service-records.html

Are you a veteran who does not have copies of your military records? If you learn that your records have been lost there is a way to reconstruct them through alternate sources of military service data.

Alternate Sources of Military Service Data

When veterans don't have copies of their military records and their files may have been lost in the fire at the National Personnel Records Center (NPRC) in St. Louis fire in 1973, information about their military service may be available from a number of other sources.

I have no experience with this issue but perhaps that site could give him a good start.


Reply to this post

Back to OP Alert abuse Link to post in-thread

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
fleabiscuit Feb 2020 OP
LineNew Reply Here's an instructional I found on Military.com
KY_EnviroGuy Feb 2020 #1
3Hotdogs Feb 2020 #2
douglas9 Feb 2020 #3
DashOneBravo Feb 2020 #4
Please login to view edit histories.