HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ran into some milita type...

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 07:37 AM

Ran into some milita types I find humor

Last evening my wife and the boys and I walked to the pub. For dinner they have awesome crab cakes, anyway from the dining room I could see a group of grown men wearing BDUís battle dress camo. Sitting at the bar knocking back pitchers of beer. And I could hear them talking amongst themselves. I gather they spent the day at a local range shooting targets. Now in my observation I kind of think these clowns would have a hard time fighting off a troop of Girl Scouts. What Iím getting at is their physical condition was not battle ready for the upcoming revolution that they think they will fight in.

In humor my wife of thirty one years says that Iím a human border collie. As in one good habit I took from three years in infantry is exercise and Iím always ready to do something. But checking out these milita clowns last night what Iím saying is majority of them definitely had to order their fatigues from the big and tall. Age wise they probably were from late 20ís to mid 50ís. And some of them were sporting berets and Boonie hats. Iím like smiling as a few had high and tight haircuts.

Walking back from menís room I so wanted to say to them. Maybe you guys should hit the gym and PT to get ready for your revolution,instead of spraying and praying at the range. But I did not we all headed home.

10 replies, 1832 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ran into some milita types I find humor (Original post)
TEB Apr 2018 OP
AJT Apr 2018 #1
enough Apr 2018 #2
TEB Apr 2018 #3
Aristus Apr 2018 #6
TEB Apr 2018 #7
Aristus Apr 2018 #8
Comatose Sphagetti Apr 2018 #4
TlalocW Apr 2018 #5
safeinOhio Apr 2018 #9
TEB Apr 2018 #10

Response to TEB (Original post)

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 07:58 AM

1. Sadly, they're probably itching to shoot at real people.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 08:31 AM

2. No need for physical fitness when you can kill people with a gun. NT

Reply to this post

Response to enough (Reply #2)

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 08:42 AM

3. That is one way to look at it

But when people shoot back in a firefight is what I was thinking. These guys could not move to contact in their condition in actual running gun battle they would get ate alive dealing with disciplined troops

Reply to this post

Response to enough (Reply #2)

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 09:29 AM

6. They're going to have to run from the tanks the government will have.

I'd be happy to re-up just to fight those clowns, and I'd be crewing one of those tanks.

For them, running away would be a mistake, since they would just die tired...

Reply to this post

Response to Aristus (Reply #6)

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 09:39 AM

7. True

I just found it amusing friend on a easy day in combat arms they would have a tough time.

Reply to this post

Response to TEB (Reply #7)

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 09:42 AM

8. Undoubtedly.

Every morning begins with a five-mile run.

I'm betting those guys couldn't walk five miles if you gave them all day...

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 08:57 AM

4. I have a couple of buddies with tons-'o-guns.

They will tell you they are "hobbyists" yet I strongly suspect both are preparing for some feared future "SHTF" scenario.
Both are 50+, out of shape, and would have a coronary if forced to run flat-out 50 yards.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 09:17 AM

5. I had a very minor "feud" with a white supremacy group

Over a letter to the editor once. Fortunately, I had done my high school research project on white supremacy groups, and I knew that their particular offshoot are filled with overweight bubba-types, who go to the woods to drink, shoot at their empty beer cans, and fantasize about a race war that they hope they can jump on the tail-end of after the shooting has ended (assuming it turns out how they want). So needless to say, I wasn't worried.

Unfortunately, I think a lot of these types (your group and mine especially) biggest fantasy is to actually shoot someone, which is why they put all their training efforts into whatever passes for markmanship.

TlalocW

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 09:57 AM

9. About 20 years ago I took Dad

to his WWII Battle of the Bulge reunion. A guy came up and asked Dad what his favorite weapon was as he really loved the Browning ARA.
After the guy left, Dad leans over and says "He was a cook".

Reply to this post

Response to safeinOhio (Reply #9)

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 10:06 AM

10. Your fathers generation

Saved the world many thanks

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread