HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "Snapcrap creator provide...

Tue Nov 20, 2018, 02:28 AM

"Snapcrap creator provides visual tool to help SF clean up its sidewalks"

More: https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/heatherknight/amp/Snapcrap-creator-provides-visual-tool-to-help-SF-13397340.php

It sounds like an episode of “Silicon Valley,” the HBO show that skewers computer programmers and their sometimes silly ideas.

A 24-year-old moves to San Francisco for a tech job, rents a room in a “hacker house” on Sixth Street, finds way too much poop on the sidewalk outside for his liking, and creates an app to report it. And, in the cherry on top of this smelly sundae, he names his creation Snapcrap.

Yes, the whole point of Sean Miller’s aptly named app is to snap a photo of crap and report it to the city for cleanup. In some cities, people whip out smartphones for selfies in front of gorgeous museums or stunning vistas. Here, we whip out our smartphones for poop pics.

It’s kind of funny on the surface, but in one of the wealthiest cities in the world, the fact that homeless people are relieving themselves on sidewalks, between parked cars and in planters because there are so few public toilets, is actually very serious.

3 replies, 781 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply "Snapcrap creator provides visual tool to help SF clean up its sidewalks" (Original post)
Jamaal510 Nov 2018 OP
LisaM Nov 2018 #1
dembotoz Nov 2018 #2
wasupaloopa Nov 2018 #3

Response to Jamaal510 (Original post)

Tue Nov 20, 2018, 03:33 AM

1. Big problem in Seattle too.

Peeing is an enormous issue. There's an elevator at a local grocery that's brken and an employee said the repairman couldn't stay in there to fix it because the homeless were using it as a restroom and he literally couldn't bear the stench.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Nov 20, 2018, 04:21 AM

2. As I get older I now take a water pill

It does influence what I do cause I need easy access to a bathroom. Smartphones not the answer, more access is

Reply to this post

Tue Nov 20, 2018, 06:49 AM

3. It's not like a homeless person can hold it in until a suitable spot to poop shows up. If you have

no home you have no potty. And businesses lock their bathrooms so homeless people can"t use them.

Until you care for the homeless better, you will have poop. Live with it.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread