HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump to counter White Ho...

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 06:34 PM

Trump to counter White House correspondents' dinner with Wisconsin rally

President Trump will counter the annual White House Correspondents’ Association dinner with a rally in Green Bay, Wis., his reelection campaign announced Tuesday.

Trump said earlier this month he would skip the annual dinner honoring the White House press corps on April 27 because it is “boring and so negative,” adding that he would stage a rally instead.

The campaign said in a statement that it selected Green Bay as the site of the rally so Trump could share “the successes of his administration with the people of Wisconsin” and tout how his revision of the North American Free Trade Agreement will help the state’s dairy farmers.

The GOP will stage its nominating convention next July in Milwaukee, Wisconsin’s largest city.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/439109-trump-to-counter-white-house-correspondents-dinner-with-wisconsin

2 replies, 399 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump to counter White House correspondents' dinner with Wisconsin rally (Original post)
left-of-center2012 Apr 2019 OP
TheCowsCameHome Apr 2019 #1
nolabear Apr 2019 #2

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 06:39 PM

1. Yeah, that'll really show 'em.

I hope the WHCA rips him to shreds, because he'll be listening to every word.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to left-of-center2012 (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 06:44 PM

2. I'm telling you, they should MST3K that mfer.

It would be FABULOUS.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread