HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Seriously, MoscowMitch ?

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 07:09 AM

Seriously, MoscowMitch ?

They are not hiding anything anymore. Hopefully Judge Roberts reads this

snip-

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is bragging that he’s handing over control of the Senate impeachment trial of President Donald Trump to President Donald Trump.

“Everything I do during this, I’m coordinating with White House Counsel,” the Kentucky Republican Leader told Fox News’ Sean Hannity Thursday night. “There will be no difference between the President’s position and our position as to how to handle this.”

snip

more at link

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/12/experts-stunned-as-mitch-mcconnell-brags-hes-handing-control-of-impeachment-trial-to-trump/

22 replies, 3388 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 22 replies Author Time Post
Reply Seriously, MoscowMitch ? (Original post)
kozar Dec 2019 OP
NurseJackie Dec 2019 #1
kozar Dec 2019 #2
mucifer Dec 2019 #3
usaf-vet Dec 2019 #10
FailureToCommunicate Dec 2019 #11
mucifer Dec 2019 #12
Hortensis Dec 2019 #17
Pepsidog Dec 2019 #14
usaf-vet Dec 2019 #18
duforsure Dec 2019 #4
jimmil Dec 2019 #13
Hortensis Dec 2019 #22
Scarsdale Dec 2019 #5
gab13by13 Dec 2019 #6
N_E_1 for Tennis Dec 2019 #7
ancianita Dec 2019 #8
Farmer-Rick Dec 2019 #9
spanone Dec 2019 #15
Tanuki Dec 2019 #16
ecstatic Dec 2019 #19
NewJeffCT Dec 2019 #20
Proud Liberal Dem Dec 2019 #21

Response to NurseJackie (Reply #1)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 07:28 AM

2. ty very much.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kozar (Original post)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 07:29 AM

3. What do you bet the press goes along with this?

Reply to this post

Response to mucifer (Reply #3)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:34 AM

10. There are suggestions that the Senate plan is for Moscow Mitch to move for aquital... the end.

There are suggestions that the Senate plan is for MoscowMitch to move for an acquittal... the end.

Hopefully, the Dems are thinking this through. John Dean suggests NOT moving it to the Senate. Let it fester in the House through next spring. Continue gathering more facts/proof. Bring along the public. Then move it to the Senate.

I have to admit I can see MoscowMitch pulling a stunt like that.

This could be all for naught. Those that see Trump is a threat a "clear and present danger" are not going anywhere. Those that are bots of the Trump cult are not going anywhere. It's the 20+% in the middle that need to be moved.

Let's make our next move the right long-range tactical move.

Reply to this post

Response to usaf-vet (Reply #10)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:47 AM

11. I think I agree with John Dean's suggestion. Let it fester awhile longer. The public

(more) will slowly come around. Then maybe a few Republicans will see the votes they need to stay in office override their allegiance to Heir Trump.

Reply to this post

Response to FailureToCommunicate (Reply #11)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 09:37 AM

12. I think it's a lose lose situation for the dems. The repubs and the press will brand the dems as

cowards if it stays in the house.

Reply to this post

Response to FailureToCommunicate (Reply #11)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 09:47 AM

17. The MSM mostly ignored Trump-Russia all through the

campaign period, enabling his election. But they're paying a lot more attention to HIM now, though still avoiding stories on GOP-kleptocrats-Russia, and more about Trump et al's corruption will continue to come out for the court of public opinion over the coming months.

Reply to this post

Response to usaf-vet (Reply #10)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 09:41 AM

14. Do not move it to the Senate. Keep investigating up to the election. Deny Trump his victory.

Reply to this post

Response to Pepsidog (Reply #14)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 09:57 AM

18. EXACTLY! They are going ̶s̶p̶i̶n̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶g̶a̶r̶d̶l̶e̶s̶s̶ LIE. So let's keep it in the news.

it will aggravate Trump each morning when getting up. And annoy him while going to bed.

WIN-WIN

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 07:35 AM

4. If Moscow Mitch and Republicans refuse to convict trump

They're saying there is only trump rule of law, Congress has no longer equal powers , and judges no longer can have legal orders followed and instead ignored to hide their crimes for self protection, and can unleash anything against anyone who opposes them, or threatens exposing them. Democracy cannot exist under these circumstances, and the truth is under constant attack for fear of them being exposed. trump will be bragging soon he is the rule of law, and can do anything he wants. Watch how quickly he escalates his criminal activities from escaping justice from these complicit republicans enablers working for putin with trump now.

Reply to this post

Response to duforsure (Reply #4)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 09:38 AM

13. That is EXACTLY what they want.....

You summarized exactly what they want. "Congress has no longer equal powers , and judges no longer can have legal orders followed and instead ignored to hide their crimes for self protection, and can unleash anything against anyone who opposes them, or threatens exposing them." Since Reagan politicians have hammered how Congress is a do nothing institution, the courts are ruling our land, and people that oppose their views are evil and want to completely run their lives. This is their mantra for forty years. They WANT Trump to be the only law. What you view as wrong on many levels is exactly why Trump is in office now.

Reply to this post

Response to duforsure (Reply #4)

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 10:49 AM

22. And next November 3 we will find out if we still have a

sovereign electorate or if 2012 was our last democratic presidential election.

Itm, the electorate, presumably in their wisdom, have chosen to put Republicans in charge of the senate and preside over the impeachment trial.

Hope someone told Calvin the power of his vote helps determine who gets in power whether he directs it himself or not.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:00 AM

5. The people of Kentucky

have tolerated this clown for too long. He is only for rich people, and himself. GET RID OF HIM. He has too much power, anyway. This insanity will continue until we dump the deadwood like McConnell, Graham, Goetz, Jordan and the rest of the gop fools. I am really concerned about what we do not know. These gop members are openly defending a president who breaks laws, and they don't care who knows it. What do they know, that we are unaware of so far? Every top tRump official is corrupt, and flaunt it. Barr is a tool for tRump. Pence is a whiny little shrimp, waiting to take over. Pompeo is a blustering ass. Mike Huckerbee is on Faux, saying tRump would be able to run for a third term as president!! In whose America? I am getting very nervous.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:03 AM

6. Sounds to me this statement

isn't coming from an impartial juror. Dems should be demanding Mitch recuse himself.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:11 AM

7. Constitution....

BOOM!

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:14 AM

8. He knows better. He's lying to Trump's base. That's all. Preserving Republican votes.

This is the hill that defines his legacy. We'll find out what he's made of.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 08:34 AM

9. First, he does not preside over the impeachment isn't that W bushes lackey' s job?

Not that I expect that partisan tool to do anything fairly. What with his citizen united decision. Chief Roberts is not a trustworthy representative of the US Constitution.

What more can the shorty Putin's puppets do? They will find him not guilty. They will then pretend Trumpy Dumpy is not a criminal and most of Americans will go along.....And Shorty the mobster Putin will win in the Senate again.

And Dumpy Trumpy's reign of terror will continue.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 09:43 AM

15. Talk about a coup

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 09:45 AM

16. He's coordinating with Russian mobsters and the Kremlin as well

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-a-mcconnell-backed-effort-to-lift-russian-sanctions-boosted-a-kentucky-project/2019/08/13/72b26e00-b97c-11e9-b3b4-2bb69e8c4e39_story.html%3foutputType=amp

"How a McConnell-backed effort to lift Russian sanctions boosted a Kentucky project

In January, as the Senate debated whether to permit the Trump administration to lift sanctions on Russia’s largest aluminum producer, two men with millions of dollars riding on the outcome met for dinner at a restaurant in Zurich.

On one side of the table sat the head of sales for Rusal, the Russian aluminum producer that would benefit most immediately from a favorable Senate vote. The U.S. government had imposed sanctions on Rusal as part of a campaign to punish Russia for “malign activity around the globe,” including attempts to sway the 2016 presidential election.

On the other side sat Craig Bouchard, an American entrepreneur who had gained favor with officials in Kentucky, the home state of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell. Bouchard was trying to build the first new aluminum-rolling mill in the United States in nearly four decades, in a corner of northeastern Kentucky ravaged by job losses and the opioid epidemic — a project that stood to benefit enormously if Rusal were able to get involved.

Within weeks, the U.S. government had formally lifted sanctions on Rusal, citing a deal with the company that reduced the ownership interest of its Kremlin-linked founder, Oleg Deripaska. And three months later, Rusal announced plans for an extraordinary partnership with Bouchard’s company, providing $200 million in capital to buy a 40 percent stake in the new aluminum plant in Ashland, Ky. — a project Gov. Matt Bevin (R) boasted was “as significant as any economic deal ever made in the history of Kentucky.”.......(more at link)

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 10:11 AM

19. We really need to do everything possible to defeat him. Isn't

he hated in KY?

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 10:23 AM

20. Back in 1999

the defense of Bill Clinton was run by Clinton's attorneys and NOT Senate Democrats.

Reply to this post

Fri Dec 13, 2019, 10:28 AM

21. TBH I'm not sure if I can tell

if this is a bad thing or a good thing for us. I doubt that it is procedural or what he should be doing but, I mean, it's not like Trump's legal team is "gangbusters" either.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread