HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Any chance that voting fo...

Fri Feb 12, 2021, 11:50 AM

Any chance that voting for acquittal will lose them $$$ donors?

The possibility of death threats for acquitting can't be nearly as frightening to them as the possibility of losing campaign donors...

2 replies, 302 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Any chance that voting for acquittal will lose them $$$ donors? (Original post)
Aristus Feb 2021 OP
PirateRo Feb 2021 #1
lagomorph777 Feb 2021 #2

Response to Aristus (Original post)

Fri Feb 12, 2021, 12:09 PM

1. I can't see how it doesn't - corporations pay a lot of money to build a brand

I don’t think they will allow it to be sullied by backing a self-poisoned political group.

I know I wouldn’t shop at a department store backing groups attempting to overthrow the government and I wouldn’t purchase any products from manufacturers doing the same thing. These businesses know the market’s tough enough without having to complicate the situation and worse if the stable business environment crashes around them.

I can just imagine Coke trying to manufacture while at the same time running defense of their manufacturing facilities or delivery vehicles. Roving patrols cost money and castle-defense is expensive, neatly erasing profits from the bottom line.

As it is, the manufacturer’s groups came out against tRump and this is a really conservative group.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Aristus (Original post)

Fri Feb 12, 2021, 12:10 PM

2. I would think so - there's already a trend in that direction.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread