HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Fans at CPAC deny Trump s...

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:11 PM

Fans at CPAC deny Trump supporters were involved in Jan. 6 attack

'The FBI is a little iffy right now'

https://www.rawstory.com/qanon-trump-fans-cpac-conspircies/

Speaking to CNN outside of CPAC, a group of supporters for President Donald Trump disputed his fans' role during the attack on the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6. Donie O'Sullivan interviewed one woman who said that she believed that Trump won the 2020 election, but she wanted him to move on from his claims about it because she thought it would turn people off of supporting him. "Maybe tell people how he feels about the election," said one woman in a MAGA hat. "Not so much to focus on it was stolen but it was sad some of the things that happen and we need to move forward as a country." She explained: "I don't want him to focus on that because people will tune him out."

Another woman with a "We heart Trump" sign said that 80 million Americans supported the former president. In fact, only 74.2 million Americans supported Trump while 81.2 voted for President Joe Biden. Republicans have only been able to win the popular vote once in 20 years. "Do you think it's important for Trump today to come out and condemn the January 6th insurrection?" asked O'Sullivan. "I'm not convinced that was -- was, um, started by -- you see how peaceful we are," she explained. "I'm not convinced yet because there's been no actual investigation done yet. It was assumed that it was us..."

"But all the Trump supporters that have been arrested by the FBI and indicted," said O'Sullivan. "The FBI's a little iffy right now, do you not agree the FBI has had their problems?" she asked. "Is there any -- you don't trust the election officials?" the reporter asked. "Nope," she said. "You don't trust the FBI?" he also asked. "Nope." "You don't trust the courts?" "Nope." "Who do you trust?" "Trump and his supporters," she said. "And anybody that has -- that when I listen to them talk they don't turn my stomach with the disingenuousness."

snip

9 replies, 802 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Fans at CPAC deny Trump supporters were involved in Jan. 6 attack (Original post)
Celerity Feb 2021 OP
SoonerPride Feb 2021 #1
JHB Feb 2021 #3
SoonerPride Feb 2021 #4
Blue Owl Feb 2021 #2
underpants Feb 2021 #5
mnmoderatedem Feb 2021 #6
Emrys Feb 2021 #7
gratuitous Feb 2021 #8
SergeStorms Feb 2021 #9

Response to Celerity (Original post)

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:15 PM

1. I have things I wish I could say

But my account would be suspended.

So I won’t.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to SoonerPride (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:21 PM

3. Of course. That's what substitutes are for. "Morons"

It's inadequate, but it's within "family newspaper" limitations.

Reply to this post

Response to JHB (Reply #3)

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:23 PM

4. Hahhaha yes. "Morons" will have to do

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:17 PM

2. The first stage of the stages of grief is denial

So they have anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance to look forward to...

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:25 PM

5. Reading the text they sound like Melissa Carone

The one from Michigan don’tchaknow

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:29 PM

6. and then they got back on their UFOs and flew back home (nt)

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:31 PM

7. That's going to put a cramp in any crowdfunding for the arrestees' defenses. n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 10:37 PM

8. "You see how peaceful we are"

When we're in exceptionally agreeable surroundings all on our own without any of that nasty reality intruding.

Reply to this post

Sun Feb 28, 2021, 11:19 PM

9. It's a proven fact...

that Trump's cult will believe anything they're told, so why shouldn't they believe this load of horseshit? I suppose they think it was Democrats who purchased all of those Trump flags, shirts, hats etc. just to pull a fast one on everyone else in the world? I'd rather circumcise a rabid wolverine with a butter knife than buy any overpriced Trump crap and put a single penny in his pocket. I'd hazard a guess that every other person with a (D) after their name feels the same.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread