HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » NC-SEN: Former North Caro...

Wed Apr 14, 2021, 09:49 AM

NC-SEN: Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory announces bid for US Senate seat in 2022

Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory’s career in politics is not over.

McCrory, a Republican who served one term as the state’s chief executive and 14 years as Charlotte’s mayor, has launched a campaign website announcing his run for North Carolina’s open U.S. Senate seat in 2022.

McCrory made the official announcement on his popular WBT radio show Wednesday morning. He is leaving the show.

“I’m in. I’m in. I’m going to run for the U.S. Senate because I’m simply the best for the job,” McCrory said. “Of all the candidates that are considering to run for the U.S. Senate — Republicans and Democrats — I am the best for the job, and if I wasn’t, I wouldn’t run.”

McCrory joins former U.S. Rep. Mark Walker as top-tier candidates in the Republican field to replace Richard Burr, who is not running for a fourth term in 2022. U.S. Rep. Ted Budd is considering a run, as is North Carolina native Lara Trump, the daughter-in-law of former President Donald Trump, and Lt. Gov. Mark Robinson.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/politics-government/article250602039.html#storylink=cpy

2 replies, 491 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply NC-SEN: Former North Carolina Gov. Pat McCrory announces bid for US Senate seat in 2022 (Original post)
RandySF Apr 14 OP
3catwoman3 Apr 14 #1
NCjack Apr 14 #2

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Wed Apr 14, 2021, 10:20 AM

1. Isn't Mcrory the lying liar who promised that he would not...

...do anything to limit women’s reproductive choices, and, as soon as he was in office, turned right around and did exactly that?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RandySF (Original post)

Wed Apr 14, 2021, 11:12 AM

2. He was the NC governor who signed the "Bathroom Bill".

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread