HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Employment meme I'm seein...

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 01:33 PM

Employment meme I'm seeing all over the net today: Obama destroys jobs.

Really?

3 replies, 2598 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Employment meme I'm seeing all over the net today: Obama destroys jobs. (Original post)
Melinda Oct 2012 OP
bhikkhu Oct 2012 #1
Melinda Oct 2012 #2
TheKentuckian Oct 2012 #3

Response to Melinda (Original post)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 01:54 PM

1. Here's a more recent one:

and GDP is fully recovered from the recession, exports have been at an all-time high, and manufacturing jobs have been on the best long-term increase in decades.

Meanwhile, the rest of the developed world has had a much harder time recovering from the recession than the US. When the wingnuts at work ask me why I would even think about voting for Obama, the first thing I say is "the economy", which generally brings on laughter. They have all sorts of ways of avoiding the simplest numbers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bhikkhu (Reply #1)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 02:48 PM

2. Thanks for the updated graph! You are much braver than I when it comes to office politics..

I used to think non-profs were liberal leaning... dunno why I thought that, cause the one I work at is anything but. We live in a country filled with fools. -sigh-

Reply to this post

Response to Melinda (Original post)

Sat Oct 27, 2012, 03:17 PM

3. The TeaPubliKlan record is always a sound response to their phony ass accusations

I usually like to beat up on Obama a bit which gets them flatfooted and then throw a haymaker or two on the TeaPubliKlans that leaves them nodding and stammering. Nothing in the talking points bag to come back with. No where to gain purchase in a personality attack that is a staple.

Democrats may suck but TeaPubliKlans are way worse, is a clear win.
The system does not require "true believers", pissing in the Kool Aid is just as good and probably sticks longer.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread