HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Today's extreme right win...

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 08:57 PM

Today's extreme right wing republican party and their followers are connected to the Borg

I can't help but think about a conversation I had with a right wing nephew recently. There was no way I could get my point across, he told me I was wrong when I pointed out several points that contradicted with his Rush/Fox/Hannity etc beliefs. All he did was say President Obama was taking away his freedoms and the Democratic party was communists out to ruin this country. My husband works with a bunch of right wingers and there is no way to have a civil conversation with them. I used to think they were brainwashed but now I think they are a collective Borg from the Star Trek series with Captain Picard. The Borg sucks the life out of people and make them no longer able to think for themselves. These weak minded people are being advantage of just like what the Borg does.

2 replies, 1050 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Today's extreme right wing republican party and their followers are connected to the Borg (Original post)
kimbutgar Feb 2013 OP
ZombieHorde Feb 2013 #1
dimbear Feb 2013 #2

Response to kimbutgar (Original post)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 09:08 PM

1. But...the Borg are awesome.

When I see the Borg on TV, I think, "awesome!"
When I see Republicans on TV, I think, "lame!"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kimbutgar (Original post)

Sat Feb 16, 2013, 09:11 PM

2. That's good, but I like the comparison to Talek, the alien from "I Come in Peace."

His most notorious habit was saying "I Come in Peace" just seconds before killing you, then sucking out your brain.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread