HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Wouldn't it be interestin...

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 01:53 PM

Wouldn't it be interesting to know Zimmerman's Internet search history in the days leading up to

the killing of Trayvon Martin?

Perhaps investigators would have found search phrases like "self defense laws Florida," "what to do after killing someone in self defense." I'd also like to know which forums he frequented, because I've seen some gun forums where they discuss strategies of how to avoid prison after killing someone (like this: http://concealedcarryforum.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=38098񝭪).

I think Z, armed with info he gathered on quack sites like concealedcarryforum, went looking for a "punk" he could kill and make an example of.

4 replies, 721 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wouldn't it be interesting to know Zimmerman's Internet search history in the days leading up to (Original post)
apples and oranges Jun 2013 OP
Recursion Jun 2013 #1
notadmblnd Jun 2013 #4
Hoyt Jun 2013 #2
former9thward Jun 2013 #3

Response to apples and oranges (Original post)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 01:55 PM

1. Why do you think that?

I think Z, armed with info he gathered on quack sites like concealedcarryforum, went looking for a "punk" he could kill and make an example of.

I see that written on DU all the time, and it makes me think the people who say it are batshit insane. But I don't think you're insane, really, so I'm curious what would lead you to think something like that.

Why did Zimmerman carry a gun to walk his dog

Because there were multiple burglaries in his neighborhood in the weeks before he shot Martin.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Recursion (Reply #1)

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 03:17 PM

4. Aren't burglaries the same as breaking and entering?

I was under the impression that people who perform B&Es usually look for homes where the occupants are out- as to avoid confrontation or getting caught? So yes, why would George need to be armed to walk his Rottweiler which is a very scary dog to begin with. Was the neighborhood he lived in so damn crime ridden and dangerous that residents could not step outside without being assaulted? It would be interesting to know just how many muggings, car- jackings, assaults and murders had recently occurred in his neighborhood prior to him murdering Trayvon?

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 02:58 PM

2. There was a thread in the gungeon just a month or two before Zim's crime about

what to say when you call police reporting you shot someone with your toter. The consensus was not to say much, and turn off your phone quickly in case you say or do something that could incriminate you.

I guess it's good legal advice. But it also shows concern of gun cultists that they might be a bit quick on the draw.

I also read a bunch of BS there about the legality of shooting unarmed people, and the support for "stand your ground" laws.

I imagine folks like Zimmerman were attentive during the NRA certified instructor's comments on the legality of "murdering" people, use of guns to intimidate, etc. Safety probably produced yawns. And why folks should leave their guns at home, was not on the agenda.

Reply to this post

Thu Jun 27, 2013, 03:02 PM

3. The prosecuters took his computer.

They would have done the investigation you refer to in the OP.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread