HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Israel hearts Iran, Onlin...

Wed Mar 21, 2012, 10:45 AM

Israel hearts Iran, Online campaign challenges tensions between the two countries.

Israel hearts Iran, Online campaign challenges growing tensions between the two countries.

http://stream.aljazeera.com/story/israel-hearts-iran-0022109

Amid growing tensions between Israel and Iran, two Israeli graphic designers have created a Facebook campaign aimed at challenging the warmongering rhetoric, as first reported by +972 magazine.

Ronnie Edri and Michal Tamir designed an emblem that reads, “Iranians, we will never bomb your country. We <3 you” and now dozens of Israelis have added it to their Facebook photos. The campaign also spurred the creation of similar emblems by Iranians.

Here are some examples of the online campaign:

3 replies, 1619 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Israel hearts Iran, Online campaign challenges tensions between the two countries. (Original post)
G_j Mar 2012 OP
woo me with science Mar 2012 #1
G_j Mar 2012 #3
Cirque du So-What Mar 2012 #2

Response to G_j (Original post)

Wed Mar 21, 2012, 10:54 AM

1. Good!

I hope it goes viral. Make it overwhelmingly clear that the people have had it with these bloodbaths propped up and orchestrated by well-fed profiteers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to woo me with science (Reply #1)

Wed Mar 21, 2012, 10:59 AM

3. well said! nt

Reply to this post

Response to G_j (Original post)

Wed Mar 21, 2012, 10:54 AM

2. Not a fan of Facebook

but anything that attempts to defuse tensions with alternatives to saber-rattling rhetoric is OK in my book.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread