Democrats facing worst mid-term in 20 years?
Dark news indeed.
This is the poll that video is referencing: http://www.people-press.org/2014/05/05/midterm-election-indicators-daunting-for-democrats/
what has the gop done to merit this type of sweep? NOTHING. Obamacare saved my kids life, discovered a arrhythmia of the heart, we might have let slip because of cost to get tests. Yeah run against it. What surrender crap.
For one Obamacare's been an extraordinary success. 8 million people now signed up for it can't possibly be bad news.....secondly, public perception of the GOP as a whole is still far worse than that of the Democrats. So yeah, I'd say it's defeatism.
D 43 R 47
D 45 R 45
D 45 R 46
Margins of error are around 3.5%
The party that holds the White House often losses congressional seats in the midterm.
The Republican base does seem to be fired up and many will likely vote. In the last week I talked to a couple of people I know who voted for Obama, one who is in his early twenties and one in her mid 60s. Both were enthusiastic about Obama's performance and indicated that they would probably not go to the polls later this year. Of course that's just two people but I fear their opinion is not unusual.
I am just listening to Elizabeth Warren on Face the Nation. She is damn impressive and i feel would be a much stronger candidate than Hillary in 2016 if she could be convinced to run. Unfortunately she keeps saying that she is not interested in running as a presidential candidate. She has a powerful message that will appeal to many voters as she opposes the big money that buys and owns Congress.
Time will tell.
Here's my personal dilemma which I'm sure is mirrored throughout the country:
- Six people running for one judge spot, not a Democrat among them.
- State senate candidates, one Republican and one batshit crazy lady running as a "Democrat." The woman can't put together a coherent sentence. Think W on stupid steroids. Seriously, the woman is certifiable.
- One Democrat running for Congress against the incumbent Republican and hasn't raised one dime and has done no campaigning.
- Another Democrat running for another Congressional seat against the incumbent Republican who has one issue: The Dream Act. Refuses to discuss any other issues except, "give me money."
- County Sheriff, ultra right-wing anti-pot Republican incumbent, no challengers.
- Assembly seat, incumbent right wing Republican, no challengers.
Meanwhile our illustrious local Democrats fight amongst themselves and jockey for position as to who is going to be the next chair of such-and-such club/committee. Every now and then they write a resolution that goes to the state party where it is summarily ignored. Absolutely NO activism. None.
And on the national scale, the decision by the Party Geniuses to abandon the 50-state strategy. Then, when they lose their asses, have the nerve to blame progressives.