HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Over 1000 calls for 18 re...

Tue May 5, 2015, 06:07 PM

Over 1000 calls for 18 rescued Yorkies:

On Monday, we reported that 18 Yorkies were taken to the Animal Rescue League of Western Pennsylvania after their owner passed away.
Executive Director Dan Rossi told us the 18 Yorkshire terriers seemed to be in good condition, and well socialized. But they were desperately in need of a bath and grooming.
Though he stressed that the dogs would not be available for adoption until next week, that didn’t keep the phones from ringing ever since the story aired.
“We’ve had over a thousand calls for 18 rescued Yorkies here, so just unbelievable,” Rossi said the following day. “The most demand or response we’ve ever had for any media story we’ve ever done.”

More at: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2015/05/05/yorkies-get-groomed-animal-rescue-league-prepares-them-for-adoption/

I hope the "unlucky" callers will decide to look at some of the other rescues that are available.

Video: http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/video/11458140-18-yorkies-need-homes-after-owner-dies/ (after the ad)

3 replies, 820 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Over 1000 calls for 18 rescued Yorkies: (Original post)
femmocrat May 2015 OP
shenmue May 2015 #1
femmocrat May 2015 #2
shenmue May 2015 #3

Response to femmocrat (Original post)

Tue May 5, 2015, 06:17 PM

1. Yes!

Sending hugs for all the critters who need a forever home.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to shenmue (Reply #1)

Tue May 5, 2015, 06:19 PM

2. I had a rescue Yorkie who looked a lot like these dogs.

He was a joy.

Reply to this post

Response to femmocrat (Reply #2)

Tue May 5, 2015, 06:27 PM

3. Awww

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread