HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Vandenberg found guilty o...

Tue Jun 21, 2016, 12:16 AM

Vandenberg found guilty of all rape charges

http://www.wsmv.com/story/32252537/former-vanderbilt-player-found-guilty-on-all-charges

7 replies, 1739 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Vandenberg found guilty of all rape charges (Original post)
Sissyk Jun 2016 OP
ReRe Jun 2016 #1
Sissyk Jun 2016 #3
Dorian Gray Jun 2016 #2
Sissyk Jun 2016 #4
tblue37 Jun 2016 #6
tblue37 Jun 2016 #5
Sissyk Jun 2016 #7

Response to Sissyk (Original post)

Tue Jun 21, 2016, 03:13 AM

1. What a rarity...

... that a sports figure be held responsible for his evil behavior and brought to justice. About time.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to ReRe (Reply #1)

Tue Jun 21, 2016, 12:13 PM

3. Well, it is Vanderbilt.

If this had been University of Tennessee where football is King, it might have been a different outcome even with the video. I like to think it wouldn't matter, but..

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 21, 2016, 08:11 AM

2. He

organized the rape of his GIRLFRIEND. Depraved.

He deserves the harshest penalty.

Reply to this post

Response to Dorian Gray (Reply #2)

Tue Jun 21, 2016, 12:18 PM

4. Yes, he did.

He is pure scum! I believe there is still one more trial to go. Vandenberg and Batey both convicted (two trials each)' which leaves a third, and I can't think of his name. He may get off lighter since he testified against both.

Reply to this post

Response to Sissyk (Reply #4)

Tue Jun 21, 2016, 12:34 PM

6. Something Banks. He anally raped her with a water bottle. Mackenzie was the 4th guy, I

think--the one who testified against Vandenburg and Batey and who claims he never touched her himself.

Reply to this post

Tue Jun 21, 2016, 12:30 PM

5. Two things strike me about the incident:

(1) It sure looks as though he drugged the "blue drink" he gave her, yet that possibility never gets mentioned and seems not to have been brought up during the trial.

(2) Those boys were focused on degrading her more than on sex. Batey sat on her face and urinated on her. Banks raped her anally with a water bottle. Vandenberg's running commentary and his labeling her as a b**CH, as well as his sending of videos to friends back home, all demonstrate that the point was to treat her in the most disgusting ways they could think of.

Their behavior manifests the truth that so many cannot understand or acknowledge: rape is not about getting laid. It is about using sex as a weapon against a despised victim in order to make the rapist feel powerful and superior. When it is a gang rape, the perpetrators compete with each other to commit the most vicious abuse. If they had not been too drunk to maintain erections, they would probably have done even more. But since they couldn't keep up an erection, they did other disgusting things to her because violating and degrading her was their real purpose, not sex, though I don't doubt they get sexual gratification from remembering how they abused her.

Reply to this post

Response to tblue37 (Reply #5)

Tue Jun 21, 2016, 12:40 PM

7. Agree 100percent! N/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread