HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Question: Is an agent of ...

Fri Feb 24, 2017, 02:29 PM

Question: Is an agent of ICE required to identify themselves in the way a LEO is?

I'm not finding the specific answer that I'm looking for, including whether or not an ICE agent carries an identifying number similar to a 'badge number' that a LEO would use to identify oneself...

Any help?

Thanks!

2 replies, 834 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Question: Is an agent of ICE required to identify themselves in the way a LEO is? (Original post)
EarthFirst Feb 2017 OP
gopiscrap Feb 2017 #1
EarthFirst Feb 2017 #2

Response to EarthFirst (Original post)

Fri Feb 24, 2017, 02:31 PM

1. Interesting question

I would think in the interest of their own safety they would identify themselves. That brings up another question are undocumented folks and for that matter legal resident immigrants allowed to own a weapon? z

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to gopiscrap (Reply #1)

Fri Feb 24, 2017, 02:37 PM

2. I ask, because I just watched a video on Denverite...

In which an attorney asks three agents in a courthouse lobby who confirmed their status as agents, however refused to identify themselves after repeated inquiries to identify themselves.

After each query, they maintained that they were not permitted to speak any further, and gave a telephone number to the attorney for further requests...

This question is also on the heels of LAPD requesting that ICE agents cease using the moniker 'police' or 'police officer' when identifying themselves while conducting official business as an agent of ICE.

So it seems to me like there is a huge issue here on identifying oneself as an agent, when there is no way to corroborate that claim nor is there any recourse of misconduct when they refuse to identify themselves...

There's a lot of questions here that don't seem to have a lot of answers right now.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread