HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Leaflets with swastikas f...

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 12:58 AM

Leaflets with swastikas found at Virginia Tech Jewish center

Leaflets with hand-drawn swastikas were found this weekend strewn across the lawn of the Chabad Librescu Jewish Student Center at Virginia Tech, officials said Sunday.

Rabbi Zvi Zweibel, the center’s co-director, said he was shocked Saturday afternoon to discover about 100 leaflets scattered in front of the Chabad House, located just off campus on Wall Street.

“It’s something that I never believed would happen in Blacksburg,” he said.

The incident came a day after the center announced it would bring Holocaust survivor Rabbi Nissen Mangel to campus for an event on April 24. The event is meant to honor professor Liviu Librescu, a Holocaust survivor who was killed in the 2007 Virginia Tech shootings when he blocked the door of his classroom so students could escape through windows.

more...

10 replies, 540 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Leaflets with swastikas found at Virginia Tech Jewish center (Original post)
Behind the Aegis Mar 2017 OP
still_one Mar 2017 #1
Behind the Aegis Mar 2017 #2
still_one Mar 2017 #5
leftynyc Mar 2017 #3
Behind the Aegis Mar 2017 #4
leftynyc Mar 2017 #6
Behind the Aegis Mar 2017 #9
leftynyc Mar 2017 #10
nikibatts Mar 2017 #7
Behind the Aegis Mar 2017 #8

Response to Behind the Aegis (Original post)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 01:01 AM

1. No doubt in my mind that they are coming out of the woodwork being embolden by trump and his thugs

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to still_one (Reply #1)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 04:33 AM

2. Yes, they are.

It is good for them to have such scum in the White House and have very little push back in regards to people's interest in anti-Semitism.

Reply to this post

Response to Behind the Aegis (Reply #2)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 05:44 AM

5. unfortunately you are right BTA

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 05:02 AM

3. This became alarming months ago

Now it's also depressing because so few seem to give a shit. My cousin's son is looking at colleges for next year and is having to consider the conditions for Jews on many campuses. The conflation between Israel and ALL Jews is making some campuses FAR too unwelcoming for Jews. Needless to say, if this were ANY other minority, the reaction of supposed liberals would be far different.

Reply to this post

Response to leftynyc (Reply #3)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 05:36 AM

4. Agreed!

Do take a look in the Jewish Group to an update to the University of Illinois-Chicago story.

What pisses me off, besides the obvious, are the assholes who still try to pretend the conflation (of criticism of Israel and anti-Semitism) is only one-sided, this includes Jews who will overlook anti-Semitism when it suits their needs to be "good Jews" protesting.

Reply to this post

Response to Behind the Aegis (Reply #4)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 05:45 AM

6. That thread

needs to be seen by more people, I'm putting a link here:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/12232478

People HERE need to see this isn't only a problem on the right and this didn't start with degenerate donnie inhabiting the oval office. That twit who tried to co-opt the women's march and claimed you can't be a feminist and a Zionist needs to be taken down a peg or 12. I would hate the US to become a place like Great Britain where I, a liberal and a Jewish Zionist, have no political home.

Reply to this post

Response to leftynyc (Reply #6)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 03:29 PM

9. Disgusting, wasn't it?!

Imagine if any other minority group were singled out in such a fashion; the outrage would be palatable. But, it is "just Jews" so it merits a big "meh". What is really pissing me off are these groups screeching about "intersectionality" but refuse to acknowledge the real "intersectionality" is the anti-Semitism many of them share (some times other forms of anti-other minority discrimination) and promote.

Reply to this post

Response to Behind the Aegis (Reply #9)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 04:05 PM

10. What TRULY pissed me off

about her was her OBVIOUS ignoring of the condition for women in Muslim countries. How DARE she go after Israel when her own house is such a fucking mess? I will have nothing to do with anything she's involved in. She's pathetic.

Pssst - just left you a pm

Reply to this post

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 06:09 AM

7. Where is our "dear" Attorney General in all of this?

Damn, I wish he were being investigate for Russian ties. It would be possible to get rid of the entire bunch of deplorables running our Executive Branch.

Reply to this post

Response to nikibatts (Reply #7)

Tue Mar 21, 2017, 03:26 PM

8. That is a good question.

I would like to see what that asshole has to say.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread