HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » SLATE: Who had the better...

Sat Apr 29, 2017, 09:17 AM

SLATE: Who had the better first 100 days: William Henry Harrison, who died, or Trump?

Who had the better first 100 days?

Trump’s first three months have been marked by the failure of major initiatives, an embarrassing public obsession with indefensible allegations against Obama, and historically low approval ratings. Harrison had a promising few weeks and then died, which is bad, but also precluded the possibility that he’d screw anything up as badly as Trump has screwed up the Obamacare repeal. Harrison did defend slavery, which is unforgivable; on the other hand, Trump regularly retweets white supremacists and doesn’t seem to know who Frederick Douglass was. The victory thus goes to Harrison.

Harrison, as it happens, was the scion of a wealthy coastal family who’d received an elite education and lived in luxury but was sold to supporters, during his campaign, as a rough-hewn straight-talker who emblemized the values of the rural common man. Stupid 1800s voters! We’d never fall for something like that again!

Comprehensive - Week by Week Comparison HERE:
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/politics/2017/04/william_henry_harrison_s_first_100_days_vs_trump_s.html

4 replies, 2534 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply SLATE: Who had the better first 100 days: William Henry Harrison, who died, or Trump? (Original post)
kpete Apr 2017 OP
underpants Apr 2017 #1
dubyadiprecession Apr 2017 #2
2naSalit Apr 2017 #3
MFM008 Apr 2017 #4

Response to kpete (Original post)

Sat Apr 29, 2017, 09:23 AM

1. I successfully put a straw in my daughter's juice box. I achieved more in 100 days than Trump

Funny tweet I saw.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Apr 29, 2017, 09:54 AM

2. Trump would probably just resign...

if he couldn't hold campaign style rallies to boost his self esteem.

We all know the Whitehouse correspondents dinner tonight, will be too much for his thin skin!

Reply to this post

Response to dubyadiprecession (Reply #2)

Sat Apr 29, 2017, 10:14 AM

3. Gosh...

I sure hope he doesn't survive the broadcast.

Reply to this post

Sat Apr 29, 2017, 10:36 AM

4. Cherries?

Give maggot a bigly bowl.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread