HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » FOURTH-GRADE CLASS TOURIN...

Tue May 2, 2017, 08:00 PM

FOURTH-GRADE CLASS TOURING WHITE HOUSE ANSWERS TRUMPS QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CIVIL WAR

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—A class of fourth-grade students touring the White House on Monday had a chance encounter with Donald Trump and were able to answer several of his questions about the Civil War.

The students, on a field trip organized by their Bethesda, Maryland, elementary school, happened upon Trump outside the Oval Office and “cleared a lot of things up for him,” their teacher said.

After Trump invited the children into his office, the ten-year-olds briefed him on the causes of the Civil War, including slavery, states’ rights, and regional economic differences.

“It was really cool,” Tracy Klugian, who had done a diorama about the Civil War while in third grade, said. “Someday I’ll be able to tell my kids that I met the President and taught him about history.”

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/fourth-grade-class-touring-white-house-answers-trumps-questions-about-civil-war

4 replies, 4233 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply FOURTH-GRADE CLASS TOURING WHITE HOUSE ANSWERS TRUMPS QUESTIONS ABOUT THE CIVIL WAR (Original post)
Zorro May 2017 OP
kimrock2004 May 2017 #1
CaliforniaPeggy May 2017 #2
2naSalit May 2017 #3
ProudProgressiveNow May 2017 #4

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Tue May 2, 2017, 08:06 PM

1. good one

good ideas am happy here

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to kimrock2004 (Reply #1)