HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Hillary Clinton: There Is...

Thu May 4, 2017, 12:11 PM

Hillary Clinton: There Is Nothing Elitist About Fighting For Womens Rights

NEW YORK ― Hillary Clinton continued her informal speaking tour on Wednesday night, criticizing the Trump administration and hitting back at the idea that women’s issues are only relevant to progressives on the coasts.
(snip)
“For a lot of women, it stung to realize that perhaps our country hadn’t come as far as we hoped; that not only are sexism, racism, misogyny, homophobia, xenophobia still with us, but they run deep,” Clinton said. “And a lot of troubling ideas have been elevated in the weeks and months that followed, including the ridiculous, insulting notion that we only care about women’s rights in certain parts of our country ― not in what some in the press call ‘real America.’”

Clinton pushed back on the idea of a stark divide between that “real America” and the cities that house what the right likes to call “liberal elites,” pointing out that millions of men and women participated in the Women’s March across the country, even outside of urban centers like New York, D.C., Chicago and L.A.

“People care about equal pay everywhere; child care and health care, everywhere; reproductive health care, everywhere,” Clinton said, urging people to continue “reaching out” and working to bring people who share those basic values across the nation together.
via Huffington Post

She still speaks for me, and for women throughout the country. I'm so glad she's still fighting for all of us.

4 replies, 3774 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Hillary Clinton: There Is Nothing Elitist About Fighting For Womens Rights (Original post)
NastyRiffraff May 2017 OP
nycbos May 2017 #1
NastyRiffraff May 2017 #2
nycbos May 2017 #3
sheshe2 May 2017 #4

Response to NastyRiffraff (Original post)

Thu May 4, 2017, 12:16 PM

1. But but but...

Working class white men. Economic anxiety.

Sincerely,

A very proud "Liberal Costal Elitist." Which is code for "Jew"

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to nycbos (Reply #1)

Thu May 4, 2017, 12:19 PM

2. Ha! And now WOMEN are also supposed to be "Elitist"

I guess that goes along with being paid 77 cents on the dollar.

Reply to this post

Response to NastyRiffraff (Reply #2)

Thu May 4, 2017, 12:22 PM

3. Anyone who doesn't support 100% of Berine's beliefs is an elitist now don't you know.

Not a real progressive.

Multimillion dollar book deals notwithstanding.

Reply to this post

Response to NastyRiffraff (Original post)

Thu May 4, 2017, 12:53 PM

4. She stands for me...

She always has.

Thanks for this, NastyRiffraff.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread