HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Pennsylvania teenager sho...

Fri Jun 30, 2017, 11:49 AM

Pennsylvania teenager shot in road rage incident

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40461716

[URL=.html][IMG][/IMG][/URL]

4 replies, 1715 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Pennsylvania teenager shot in road rage incident (Original post)
shenmue Jun 2017 OP
Hoyt Jun 2017 #1
Igel Jun 2017 #2
Phoenix61 Jun 2017 #3
Hoyt Jun 2017 #4

Response to shenmue (Original post)

Fri Jun 30, 2017, 12:00 PM

1. Another "responsible" law-abiding gun fancier. What in hell could that young lady have done

to provoke some ignorant gun nut.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Hoyt (Reply #1)

Fri Jun 30, 2017, 12:13 PM

2. To provoke the guy (if it was a guy)?

Lots of things.

To merit being shot, much less killed? Nothing, unless she was actively trying to kill him and he had no way out.

Lots of empty road in that picture, so he had a way out. If PA drivers are like Houston drivers, they don't see empty road behind that's just a tap of the brakes away from being accessible. The only space that counts is what's in front of the driver you're next to or that space way up ahead of you, and too many people race to keep from having somebody move into that space and too many race to merge in front of the person in the car next to them. To touch the brake to slow down in order to merge is humiliation. Merging drivers have to yield right of way.

Notice I speak much less of "cars" and much more of "people" and "drivers." Dehumanizing them makes doing stupid, risky, dangerous things easier.

Reply to this post

Response to shenmue (Original post)

Fri Jun 30, 2017, 12:17 PM

3. I have a friend who was killed in a road rage incident

They caught the guy who killed him. My friend goes to the prison every time the guy is up for parole. These incidents are just so senseless and hurt so many people. But yeah, we need more guns. I mean if SHE'd had a gun... she'd still be dead.

Reply to this post

Response to Phoenix61 (Reply #3)

Fri Jun 30, 2017, 12:23 PM

4. 2011 - 2013 NRA President David Keene's son spent 10 years in prison for road rage shooting.

Daddy brought him up in the gun culture. Keene has been a GOPer operative for decades.

Those who support guns are almost as responsible for this as the murderer.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread