Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

Shell_Seas

(3,343 posts)
Fri Jul 21, 2017, 02:55 PM Jul 2017

Top coal lobbyist expected to be No. 2 at EPA

This discussion thread was locked as off-topic by DonViejo (a host of the Latest Breaking News forum).

Source: Axios

Top coal industry lobbyist Andrew Wheeler is likely to be tapped as the No. 2. official at the Environmental Protection Agency, according to two people familiar with the decision-making process.

The expected appointment for deputy EPA administrator is a turnaround from last month when the White House was poised to tap Jeff Holmstead, a former top EPA official under President George W. Bush. Holmstead is considered to be a more moderate conservative compared to Wheeler and other officials inside the Trump administration.

Read more: https://www.axios.com/top-coal-lobbyist-expected-to-be-no-2-at-epa-2463196099.html

I give up.
4 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Top coal lobbyist expected to be No. 2 at EPA (Original Post) Shell_Seas Jul 2017 OP
A stunning "F-U" to planet Earth. flibbitygiblets Jul 2017 #1
Well, afterall the Trump Regime doesn't believe in Science Shell_Seas Jul 2017 #2
I give up Old Vet Jul 2017 #3
Locking... DonViejo Jul 2017 #4

flibbitygiblets

(7,220 posts)
1. A stunning "F-U" to planet Earth.
Fri Jul 21, 2017, 03:05 PM
Jul 2017

Shell_Seas

(3,343 posts)
2. Well, afterall the Trump Regime doesn't believe in Science
Fri Jul 21, 2017, 03:10 PM
Jul 2017

Old Vet

(2,001 posts)
3. I give up
Fri Jul 21, 2017, 03:21 PM
Jul 2017

Kick in to the DU tip jar?

This week we're running a special pop-up mini fund drive. From Monday through Friday we're going ad-free for all registered members, and we're asking you to kick in to the DU tip jar to support the site and keep us financially healthy.

As a bonus, making a contribution will allow you to leave kudos for another DU member, and at the end of the week we'll recognize the DUers who you think make this community great.

Tell me more...

Latest Discussions»Latest Breaking News»Top coal lobbyist expecte...