HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » USDA Announces Proposed R...

Fri Jan 19, 2018, 12:10 PM

USDA Announces Proposed Rule to Modernize Swine Inspection

Source: USDA Bulletin

The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s (USDA) Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) today announced its continued effort to modernize inspection systems through science-based approaches to food safety. USDA is proposing to amend the federal meat inspection regulations to establish a new voluntary inspection system for market hog slaughter establishments called the New Swine Slaughter Inspection System (NSIS), while also requiring additional pathogen sampling for all swine slaughter establishments.

Read more: Link to source

[link:http://links.govdelivery.com/track?type=click&enid=ZWFzPTEmbXNpZD0mYXVpZD0mbWFpbGluZ2lkPTIwMTgwMTE5LjgzOTg1ODUxJm1lc3NhZ2VpZD1NREItUFJELUJVTC0yMDE4MDExOS44Mzk4NTg1MSZkYXRhYmFzZWlkPTEwMDEmc2VyaWFsPTE2OTc5MjQ0JmVtYWlsaWQ9UGVubnlsY2FybHNvbkBnbWFpbC5jb20mdXNlcmlkPVBlbm55bGNhcmxzb25AZ21haWwuY29tJnRhcmdldGlkPSZmbD0mZXh0cmE9TXVsdGl2YXJpYXRlSWQ9JiYm&&&102&&&https://www.usda.gov/media/press-releases/2018/01/19/usda-announces-proposed-rule-modernize-swine-inspection|Voluntary.

5 replies, 1068 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply USDA Announces Proposed Rule to Modernize Swine Inspection (Original post)
PennyK Jan 2018 OP
George II Jan 2018 #1
PennyK Jan 2018 #4
George II Jan 2018 #5
mahatmakanejeeves Jan 2018 #2
withoutapaddle Jan 2018 #3

Response to PennyK (Original post)

Fri Jan 19, 2018, 12:11 PM

1. Need a link.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to George II (Reply #1)

Fri Jan 19, 2018, 12:22 PM

4. Sorry

I received it as an email, and i don't ever post news. I think I corrected it?

Reply to this post

Response to PennyK (Reply #4)

Fri Jan 19, 2018, 12:32 PM

5. Thanks!

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 19, 2018, 12:12 PM

2. "Science-based"? Whoever used that term will be called on the carpet to account for it. NT

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 19, 2018, 12:20 PM

3. Voluntary? Wtf

In the Arkansas forum is a story about a local hog farm. This is a horrid step in deregulation if it makes better standards merely voluntary. Will do further reading ty

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread