HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Latest Breaking News (Forum) » Vaccine milestone: 70% of...

Thu May 13, 2021, 11:46 AM

Vaccine milestone: 70% of Maine adults have gotten at least 1 dose

Source: WCSH NBC

"Maine got a little further down the road to "Vaccinationland," as Maine CDC Director Dr. Nirav Shah calls it, reaching another COVID-19 vaccine milestone on Wednesday.

According to data from the U.S. CDC, 70 percent of Mainers age 18 and older have received at least one dose of the vaccine. Five other states—Vermont, Massachusetts, Hawaii, Connecticut, and New Hampshire—have reached this milestone."

Read more: https://www.newscentermaine.com/article/news/health/coronavirus/vaccine/covid-19-vaccine-milestone-70-of-maine-adults-have-gotten-at-least-1-dose/97-27411c2b-b511-4ea9-8275-10b17d23388a

Hey, some good news. 70% of adults have at least one covid shot in Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, Hawaii, Connecticut, and New Hampshire. This is another example of why I love New England. Hawaii seems pretty cool too. I would love to visit Hawaii some day.

4 replies, 621 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Vaccine milestone: 70% of Maine adults have gotten at least 1 dose (Original post)
BoringUsername May 13 OP
magicarpet May 13 #1
BoringUsername May 13 #2
Submariner May 13 #3
BoringUsername May 13 #4

Response to BoringUsername (Original post)

Thu May 13, 2021, 12:00 PM

1. Just being good neighbors and protecting each other....

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to magicarpet (Reply #1)

Thu May 13, 2021, 12:02 PM

2. I've good pretty good neighbors

That's something to be thankful for.

Reply to this post

Response to BoringUsername (Original post)

Thu May 13, 2021, 12:30 PM

3. Maine has got a short season to sell boiled lobster lunches

and make and sell saltwater taffy in the beachside fudge and candy stores, so they are making themselves look safe and inviting so tourists won't hesitate to visit Vacationland. Acadia NP will probably be mobbed as usual.

Reply to this post

Response to Submariner (Reply #3)

Thu May 13, 2021, 12:37 PM

4. Acadia is always busy in the summer

I hope they run the park buses this year. We had to many people driving into the park last year because they cancelled the park buses and that led to major parking problems.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread