HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » Bernie Sanders's strange ...

Thu Apr 20, 2017, 09:45 AM

Bernie Sanders's strange behavior

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/04/20/bernie-sanderss-strange-behavior/?utm_term=.2b011159dad1

By Aaron Blake

Bernie Sanders has embarked on a “Come Together and Fight Back” tour with with Democratic National Committee Chairman Tom Perez. But he's not really helping on that first part.

Over the last few days, Sanders's has at times offered some odd comments for a guy pushing for Democratic unity.

To wit:

- He said that he still isn't actually a Democrat
- He repeated his line that President Trump “did not win the election; the Democrats lost the election” — drawing some angry responses from Hillary Clinton supporters who see this as either a shot at her or as something that Sanders's primary campaign contributed to (or both)

- Sanders's message has differed from Perez's in a couple key ways

But the most puzzling development this week is Sanders's decision to keep Georgia special election candidate Jon Ossoff at arms-length. Sanders hasn't endorsed Ossoff, and in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, he seemed to suggest Ossoff's progressive bona fides were in question.

. . . more

2 replies, 4232 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Bernie Sanders's strange behavior (Original post)
swag Apr 2017 OP
Me. Apr 2017 #1
murielm99 Apr 2017 #2

Response to swag (Original post)

Thu Apr 20, 2017, 10:19 AM

1. Could He Please Be Quiet

and concentrate on his job as an Independent Senator from Vermont. And could we please stop this tour which has done nothing to restore 'unity'

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Me. (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 20, 2017, 04:00 PM

2. They made a mistake in giving him

a job as director of outreach. He should be spoken to quietly, and told to leave the tour and go home.

Bernie, go back to your back bench.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread