HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Editorials & Other Articles (Forum) » I represented George W. B...

Mon Nov 23, 2020, 09:07 AM

I represented George W. Bush in 2000. Michigan must certify for Biden - Benjamin Ginsberg

As a longtime Republican election lawyer, I have sympathy for what the Republican members of the Board of State Canvassers are going through. President Donald Trump and his allies are putting enormous pressure on them to do something clearly contrary to their duties.

They must resist that pressure and certify Michigan's election results Monday.

Hereís why I believe that.

For the past four decades Iíve represented Republican officials, campaigns and causes, including Republican election day operations designed to insure fair, and secure elections. I was counsel to George W. Bushís 2000 presidential campaign and know from the Florida recount what it means to fight for every vote. Despite what Trumpís allies may say, Michigan 2020 is nothing like Florida 2000.

Vice President Joe Biden won Michigan by over 150,000 votes ó a huge margin compared to the 537 votes that decided Florida two decades ago. Florida was about counting votes that determined who won. Michigan 2020 is about Trump trying to throw out 150,000 votes by claiming, without evidence, that wholesale fraud tainted the process.

more
https://www.freep.com/story/opinion/contributors/2020/11/22/trump-michigan-canvassers-certify-election/6364488002/

3 replies, 1135 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I represented George W. Bush in 2000. Michigan must certify for Biden - Benjamin Ginsberg (Original post)
DonViejo Nov 23 OP
Ferrets are Cool Nov 23 #1
Blues Heron Nov 23 #2
Midnight Writer Nov 23 #3

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Mon Nov 23, 2020, 09:13 AM

1. Well, guess what Benjamin Ginsberg

FUCK YOU! I hate you and all you represent.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Nov 23, 2020, 09:22 AM

2. Florida was about STOPPING counting the votes

This guy is a fucking snake. Another rat slithering down the hose pipe of the sinking GOPSCUM party.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 23, 2020, 09:28 AM

3. Ginsberg makes my skin crawl.

Florida was not about counting votes. It was about stopping the vote count and letting the Republican supreme Court take over the election.

Ginsberg crapped in the kitchen, and now he's complaining about the smell.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread