HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Video & Multimedia (Forum) » Monday night slaughter Be...

Tue Jan 30, 2018, 05:14 AM

Monday night slaughter Bernstein slams Trump & gang of GOP enablers for trying to shut down probe

‘Monday night slaughter’: Bernstein slams Trump and his ‘gang’ of GOP enablers for trying to shut down Russia probe

Veteran reporter Carl Bernstein of Watergate fame on Monday called the abrupt departure of former Deputy FBI Director Andrew McCabe the “Monday night slaughter,” arguing Trump and his “enablers” in Congress are putting the U.S. at risk of a Constitutional crisis.

“We are seeing a breakdown and I think we may look back and call this the Monday night slaughter of the administration of justice and our institutions of justice in the United States,” Bernstein said. “A real slaughter by an obstructionist, irresponsible, partisan gang in the House of Representatives. It has put the interests of their party and the president of the United States and his personal fortunes above the national interest, and I think we’re going to look back on what happened today and tonight as a turning point.”

“Clearly, since he has become president, Donald Trump has done everything in his power including working with these enablers on Capitol Hill to make sure that this investigation of him, his family, his aides, his campaign, his transition does not come to fruition,” the reporter added. “And this was part and parcel of it tonight.”

Bernstein suggested if Trump “continues down this road, and if his enablers in Congress continue down this road,” the institutions designed to protect America “may fail us.”

“Donald Trump may get away with this,” Bernstein explained. “By ‘this’ I mean shutting down the legitimate investigation of the president of the United States.”

No more at link: https://www.rawstory.com/2018/01/monday-night-slaughter-bernstein-slams-trump-gang-gop-enablers-trying-shut-russia-probe/

7 replies, 1984 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Monday night slaughter Bernstein slams Trump & gang of GOP enablers for trying to shut down probe (Original post)
Rhiannon12866 Jan 2018 OP
BumRushDaShow Jan 2018 #1
Rhiannon12866 Jan 2018 #2
BumRushDaShow Jan 2018 #3
Rhiannon12866 Jan 2018 #4
BumRushDaShow Jan 2018 #5
Rhiannon12866 Jan 2018 #6
BumRushDaShow Jan 2018 #7

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Original post)

Tue Jan 30, 2018, 07:07 AM

1. Definitely shows the difference between now and Watergate

where back then, Congress was Democratic Party controlled, and now it is GOP Party-controlled. And here you see the GOP Congress assisting in the obstruction.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #1)

Tue Jan 30, 2018, 07:09 AM

2. And it took the Republicans to step up to bring Nixon down, this group just enables Trump

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #2)

Tue Jan 30, 2018, 07:12 AM

3. Exactly

and not only do today's loons enable, they have manufactured false info to try to eliminate any opposition to him.

Reply to this post

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #3)

Tue Jan 30, 2018, 07:17 AM

4. They subscribe to and repeat his lies - until people believe them

The whole bunch really needs to go.

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #4)

Tue Jan 30, 2018, 07:26 AM

5. And to confirm

you see how many among their ranks are bailing from the 2018 elections because they see the handwriting on the wall.... I expect more to follow...

Reply to this post

Response to BumRushDaShow (Reply #5)

Tue Jan 30, 2018, 07:32 AM

6. An the Democrats need to be proactive while they can!

We have a very unpopular Paul Ryan acolyte as a rep here in NY-21. It's a traditionally Republican district and in the past the Democrats didn't always bother to field a candidate. But this time around I've counted 9 who have stepped up, so far! And also one other Republican. I just hope we can settle on one and all get behind him or her!

Reply to this post

Response to Rhiannon12866 (Reply #6)

Tue Jan 30, 2018, 07:46 AM

7. Huzzah!

Glad to hear it in your District!

(my District has been Democratic for decades)

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread