Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search

BWdem4life

(1,740 posts)
Sun Aug 27, 2023, 02:20 PM Aug 2023

"Soft-baked" cookies in the grocery store..

Does anyone like these?

To me they just taste unnatural.

15 votes, 0 passes | Time left: Unlimited
Love 'em!
3 (20%)
Hate 'em!
9 (60%)
Meh
3 (20%)
Show usernames
Disclaimer: This is an Internet poll
4 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
"Soft-baked" cookies in the grocery store.. (Original Post) BWdem4life Aug 2023 OP
home baked for me, or no cookies at all (except Girl Scout) nt yellowdogintexas Aug 2023 #1
Same, except for... 2naSalit Aug 2023 #2
NOt once I read through the ingredient list. Oh, boy.... hlthe2b Aug 2023 #3
Too much baking powder and powdered egg whites, from what I can taste. haele Aug 2023 #4

haele

(12,721 posts)
4. Too much baking powder and powdered egg whites, from what I can taste.
Sun Aug 27, 2023, 02:44 PM
Aug 2023

A proper U.S. cookie is soft and chewing when fresh, and gets crispier per day after the baking day. Anything still "soft" after the baking day is a cake confection (like a petit-fort, Jaffa cake, marzipan or macaroon).
Those soft cookies (like the Lofthouse brand) don't taste half as good as any cake confection I've ever had.

Harle

Kick in to the DU tip jar?

This week we're running a special pop-up mini fund drive. From Monday through Friday we're going ad-free for all registered members, and we're asking you to kick in to the DU tip jar to support the site and keep us financially healthy.

As a bonus, making a contribution will allow you to leave kudos for another DU member, and at the end of the week we'll recognize the DUers who you think make this community great.

Tell me more...

Latest Discussions»The DU Lounge»"Soft-baked" cookies in t...